Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to adjust the front and rear shocks? Which way to turn the adjusting screw for the front shocks to tighten or loosen? and how do you adjust the rears?

·
Registered
13,525 Posts
Just turn the front do which ever side and push down on the car and see how it bounce back up. Adjust it 'til you like the way it bounce.

To adjust the rear, you have to take them out, push them down to their minimal form, then you turn them left or right. Then again, you push them down and see how they bounce. The stiffer they are, the faster than bounce back to form.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Well, the adjustments for the Koni's for our cars are only for rebound. The stiffer they are, the more they control how fast they expand. So stiffer=slower to expand.

The fronts are pretty self explanitory if you have the knob. If not, then if you look on their website I beleive you may be able to find you answer there.

The rears have the instructions stamped on them! It tells you wih way is what right on the tube. As "tryingbe" said, you have to take off the car and compress them all the way. Once you do you should be able to rotate them slightly and engage the adjustment(it'll compress just a tad more when that happens). Just rotate them the desired direction. Do both of the rears at the same time to confirm they are set equally as the amount of rotation on the adjustment does not always directly correspond to the true setting. The fronts are a little harder to do this with, but I normally go drive over some speed bumps and take note which side doesn't do what I want and then readjust. It works! :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts