Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Advantage to installing a Oil Pan baffle set up

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  CBMDennis 
#1 · (Edited)
I was looking at www.fwdperformance.com/Store web site and came across "Oil Pan Baffles Early Pans". It's under Engine :: oiling
It's the 14th thru 15th item down the list. Sorry to have to "walk" you thru how to find it, but you can not use the part number or description to locate this part. Dam their website sucks.

#3 ·
An oil pan baffle allows the oil to stay in the bottom of the pan and prevents the oil from splashing about and hitting the crank and rods as they spin about their axis'. At higher RPMs this can actually represent quite a bit of parasitic drag on the engine, slapping thatoil around. Without the constant beating of the oil by the crank, areation of the oil is also pretty much eliminated at high RPM. In extreme (racing) conditions a baffle will also keep the oil deep inthe pan on hard cornering to prevent oil starvation.

#4 ·
i built my own out of the roof of a old d100. what i dont understand is, we only have 2 or 3 venders for our cars right? why do people have to bash on them for what i see to be a dumb reason? im guessing you have had experience with them in the past that would make you dislike them now but why keep going back to them even thoe your were unhappy the first time?

#6 ·
Sorry guys I'm not that talented! Write a software application or take apart a PC that's easy.

#8 ·
They don't set the price on that baffle. Considering it's almost hand made from scratch to order the price isn't that bad.

Home main page

Chrysler Info about all the 2.2/2.5 stuff they make and sell. A lot of work went into this and they don't sell 100's at a time like maybe they do to the chevy market so we have to pay a premium for custom parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.