Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My timing belts super loose, and totally messed up, is the 88 shelby daytona an interference motor? If so im on my way to being ****ed

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
No, you are fine. Reset the timing, tighten the belt and off you go.

**obviously, replace the belt if it is old/worn.

·
Registered
434 Posts
It is pretty easy to fix. The pain is the cover and the motor mount,but not that hard. It is going to be just fine.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I never run a cover on my van,but I wouldn't tell people to do that :rolleyes:. I make mine easy to fix. I can put a belt on the van between 15-25 minutes maybe faster.
Never really timed myself,but it don't take long.:D

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I also run without the lower cover on most of the time, but I also would not recommend it. I carry an extra timing belt in the "TD Owner's Kit" I have in the back of the car (HEP, coil, timing and alternator belts, tps, cts, fpr, speed sensor, pcv, 3 feet each of several sizes of hose, misc vac barbs and connectors, 8 injector orings, quart of oil, quart of atf, upper and lower rad hose, and some various pieces of boost piping) along with a box of tools and a *real* jack.

I am a seasoned TD owner I suppose, I have had most of the things in my box fail on me with one or another of the TDs I have owned over the years. Long as I have kept the parts with me I have never needed a tow.

Yeah, timing belt takes about 20 min or so for me too, and thats on the shoulder of 294 :)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I carry an extra timing belt in the "TD Owner's Kit" I have in the back of the car (HEP, coil, timing and alternator belts, tps, cts, fpr, speed sensor, pcv, 3 feet each of several sizes of hose, misc vac barbs and connectors, 8 injector orings, quart of oil, quart of atf, upper and lower rad hose, and some various pieces of boost piping) along with a box of tools and a *real* jack.

lol....that should almost be a sticky by itself...:thumb:

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I also run without the lower cover on most of the time, but I also would not recommend it. I carry an extra timing belt in the "TD Owner's Kit" I have in the back of the car (HEP, coil, timing and alternator belts, tps, cts, fpr, speed sensor, pcv, 3 feet each of several sizes of hose, misc vac barbs and connectors, 8 injector orings, quart of oil, quart of atf, upper and lower rad hose, and some various pieces of boost piping) along with a box of tools and a *real* jack.

You left out a charged cell phone and AAA PLus card- never leave home without it. :p

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so we changed the timing belt and its still slides, i changed the tensioner too. It was tight but i can hear it hitting th cover now and it was nowhere near it. My car vibrates so bad. Could it be that I just put a new motor mount in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts