Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MX-5
I`ve had the clock spring replaced 3 time now for the light comeing on on the Air Bag.They keep saying that there is a problem with the wireing harness
Are they blowing smoke or is there something there not telling me? Can you help?
ILMPT

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
If they replace or repair the wiring and it's fixed for a while, they are on the right track.
Maybe there's something causing the part to fail. By replacing the symptom, they never cure the cause.

Without the repair history, it's hard to diagnose from here.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MX-5 said:
If they replace or repair the wiring and it's fixed for a while, they are on the right track.
Maybe there's something causing the part to fail. By replacing the symptom, they never cure the cause.

Without the repair history, it's hard to diagnose from here.
Thanks for the reply
I think if it happens again this car is going to find a new home

·
Registered
732 Posts
For all its worth I had a air bag light problem at about 3500 miles. They told me they replaced the drivers side seat belt retractor ? No light no more problems. I dont know if they are connected for sure .They told me the module was fine and could even tell me how many times I had started tthe car since the light had turned on. They also told me that when the light is on the system is armed and could go off. To this day I dont know if they were blowin smoke.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to a guy that was having trouble with his airbag light coming on to. He said they found dog hair in the seat belt retractor & they think thats what shorted the air bag light! I have a BC so I guess I better have my seatbelt retractors check. Who Knows
ILMPT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts