Turbo Dodge Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just swapped out the 3 rear spark plugs on my daytona today. When i removed my airbox i noticed 2 nipples on the back. One had a hose that went to the valve cover and the other had a hose with a 90 degree bend but didnt appear to be attached to anything. Also is there supposed to be a hole in the bottom of the airbox? Thanks for the help, im kinda new to these motors.

91 daytona 3.0

·
Registered
19 Posts
ya there is suposed to be a hole in the bottom of the box not completely sure why though. but if you really wanted to you could go an get a cone filter an put it directelyon the throttle body its alot easier. but i dont know what the other 90* hose goes my car the box as falling apart so i just switchd it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats my plan is to go to a cone type filter. But what did you do about the breather in the airbox? My motor smokes pretty bad , im really hoping that it has a pcv problem instead of a valve guide or seal issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah bet ur right. I can always hope though. Might be a blown head gasket also, i have some weird overheating issues also. Could also be my gauge acting funny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.