Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
If the Air Charge Temperature Sensor is bad, will the car run bad? Reason I'm asking, I've gotten the code off and on for a while now. The engine/power loss light doesn't always come on. But, the car isn't running well under boost. It ran great before and I was getting that code.
Another thing, are they the same from one piece to two piece manifolds? This is for my GLHS and I could just swipe one off another intake I have laying around. That is, if it's not the wires.
Russ's site says it enters limp mode. The car doesn't run that bad. Unless there's different stages of limp mode.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Hi All,
If the Air Charge Temperature Sensor is bad, will the car run bad? Reason I'm asking, I've gotten the code off and on for a while now. The engine/power loss light doesn't always come on. But, the car isn't running well under boost. It ran great before and I was getting that code.
Another thing, are they the same from one piece to two piece manifolds? This is for my GLHS and I could just swipe one off another intake I have laying around. That is, if it's not the wires.
Russ's site says it enters limp mode. The car doesn't run that bad. Unless there's different stages of limp mode.
n-e time a sensor goes outta whack, there can be driveability probs. do u own a somewhat trouble free car? or is everything u got a pos? maybe u need to junk all these crappy cars and get one good reliable car with just tbi.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
n-e time a sensor goes outta whack, there can be driveability probs. do u own a somewhat trouble free car? or is everything u got a pos? maybe u need to junk all these crappy cars and get one good reliable car with just tbi.
At the time no. TBI, yeah I got a good running one of those. Mileage isn't as good as a turbo car. I bought this car with a few problems. You know, it's 21 years old now and spent about 5 years stored by the last owner who didn't do anything but make it pretty. But then why am I telling you this. The first thing I thought when I saw who was responding was "Oh great, another SMART A$$ COMMENT"

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
At the time no. TBI, yeah I got a good running one of those. Mileage isn't as good as a turbo car. I bought this car with a few problems. You know, it's 21 years old now and spent about 5 years stored by the last owner who didn't do anything but make it pretty. But then why am I telling you this. The first thing I thought when I saw who was responding was "Oh great, another SMART A$$ COMMENT"
well if u contributed to help others instead of wanting all ur problems solved, no smart ass comments would come ur way :thumb:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Car tells you a sensor is bad and you don't replace it....
Just drive it 'til it dies, what does it matter.
I plan on replacing the sensor. The reason I haven't at this time is the wires going to it have been spliced. I've played around with them and thought the problem was solved. In the last 3 weeks, I've replaced the clutch, replaced the seats, converted the shifting rods to Heim joints and did a minivan brake conversion. I basically have only driven this car for about 3-400 miles this year. I'm so busy fixing my Moms car, wife's tracker, I don't get around to the easy stuff right away.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well if u contributed to help others instead of wanting all ur problems solved, no smart ass comments would come ur way
I do.

·
Administrator
25,548 Posts
ACT Sensor is one of the dominent sensors( Map and Coolant) used by the controller for fuel and timing control, very important for the controller to know air charge temp with a turbo.
Not sure what will interchange.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts