Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 89 lebaron gtc TII/5spd convertible, and recently the airbag light has been coming on. but today the ride home, it came on about every 10 seconds and stayed lit for about 10 seconds. does anyone know what this means. how do i know if this thing would still deploy in an accident. id like to keep it in working order. but im not paying any shop to maintain it. thanks.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from what i rememeber, it was just going on when i was going straight too. any there any common places to check for bad connections. also, where are the sensors located? thanks.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do i change the clockspring and where is it? thanks. is it safe to remove the airbag thing on the steering wheel. or should i disconnect the batter and wait two minutes.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
clock spring is behind the steering wheel

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Beachbum3478 said:
how do i change the clockspring and where is it? thanks. is it safe to remove the airbag thing on the steering wheel. or should i disconnect the batter and wait two minutes.
It is always best to disconnect power when working with the SRS system

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so do i just remove the airbag unit screws behind the steering wheel and this clockspring thing will be right there? where do i get one too?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts