Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly is the AIS for? I was told by a few people a while back that I could improve my rough idling in my MPI N/A car by plugging the AIS hole and opening up the throttle body a little. What are the pros and cons of doing this?

Also, what would happen if I had my A/C on and was idling? I can hear my AIS whistling the whole time at idle when I have the A/C on but not when its off. Would my car "die" if I set my idle manually to a good spot but then turned my A/C on and not benefit from the added power needed to spin it? Let me know, please. Thanks

· Registered
326 Posts
removing it would just increase the idle. the AIS adjusts the amount of air at idle. sometimes its passages ways or the motor itsself gets plugged up with carbon and junk.
Take the valve out and clean it and blow out any carbon in its passages.

might smooth it out.

oh and if you can hear it whistling like a vacuum leak. its seal is leaking. its just an o-ring.

· Registered
3,553 Posts

· Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
big_P said:
hahaha, err.

But when on phantomrt's instructions on the MPI conversion, he himself stated that you'll hear a loud whistling noise at first. And it goes away after the car warms up. And it might help that I have the filter attached directly to the throttle body that I hear it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.