Turbo Dodge Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Banned
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my daytona acts like is going side to side and my steering wheel rocks side to side. what could cause this? and it pulls to the left, cv chaft, alignment, etc...? need help please thanks

· Banned
1,701 Posts
my daytona acts like is going side to side and my steering wheel rocks side to side. what could cause this? and it pulls to the left, cv chaft, alignment, etc...? need help please thanks
Very, Very, Very common cause is a bad inner cv joint on the driver side. also, as stated the tire issue. to eliminate tire issue, rotate tires front to back.

Your description is not totally clear in explaining the exact problem. Before sending you down the wrong path, these are all things that could be your problem:

CV joint failure
Tire failure
Loose steering/suspension components such as tie rods, loose rack mounts, loose front crossmember, bad rack, power steering assist issues, bad ball joints, bad control arm bushings, bad struts, bad struts, bad strut bearings,
Warped brake rotors
Bad wheel bearings
excessive run-out in hub
alignment issues
and probably another dozen things that someone else can add

· Banned
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well sometimes it feels like im going down a brick road, and upon acceleration its not too bad though it feels like it pulls more to left now then it used to, and at slow speeds its worse specially at like 10mph feels like im on a ship going side to side but at like 50+ its not as bad the steering wheel does its side to side thing though not as bad and seems to steer a lil straigher

· Banned
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"OK, I did that and still have the same problem, now what?" Just predicting :cool:
lol, yeah my personal guess is my cv, whats the best way to check that?

· Registered
3,600 Posts
replace with a known good one. maybe jack off i mean up the car put in gear watch get outta car, get under car with in gear and see if it's wiggling and wobbling around esp inner joint cuz i see them bad all the time

· Registered
1,001 Posts
First, obviously, look for a cracked boot. To SAFELY check it, which allmotor's suggestion is anything but(no offense), pull it out & pivot it. If it's unsmooth, get some Keystone Light, I mean, replace it. :p

· Registered
3,600 Posts
what, i put my car on nice stands and start it up, put in gear and watch the shaft for wobbling, thats how i found my first one. since then i dont need to cuz i know what a bad one feels like so no need to look, i learned and now know if it's bad.

· Registered
3,600 Posts
wheres the best place to get a replacement?
i walk out to the field behind my trailer and take one off a car sitting in the weeds. thats the best and cheapest place to get a replacement. u should try that, works great otherwise i dunno where u could get one, i heard of these places called auto parts stores, but i just can't bring myself to actually buy parts. for the past 3 months i haven't even bought any gas, i just been sucking out of the junk cars as i haul them in for scrap

· Banned
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i walk out to the field behind my trailer and take one off a car sitting in the weeds. thats the best and cheapest place to get a replacement. u should try that, works great otherwise i dunno where u could get one, i heard of these places called auto parts stores, but i just can't bring myself to actually buy parts. for the past 3 months i haven't even bought any gas, i just been sucking out of the junk cars as i haul them in for scrap
lol, i wish i could do that, i was just curious on recommendations as far as the different autoparts stores goes, and whatnot, or should i go to the junkyard and try to get one. im just trying to find the cheapest way to replace my cv, if that what the problem is lol ill find out tomorrow thanks guys

· Registered
3,600 Posts
jy gets $20-$40. since u got computer saavy, ever think about using that to search the web for prices on new parts? say maybe autozone, napaonline, advanceautoparts, checker, pep boys, reilly, bumper to bumper, car quest, jc whitney, parts train, champion, autopartswarehouse, autopartsgiant, and i image theres another 50 out there.

· Registered
3,600 Posts
holy noobie batman... jy is nothing like a hj or bj, so where do u think u could buy a used part? hmmm i wonder, like i go to my field and pull one off a parts car so to me its free, but if u wanted one from me id charge u like $20 jy's with computer inventory charge more like $40, some jy's that let u pull ur self charge like $10 so that should give u enough clues to come to ur own conclusion

· Banned
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
holy noobie batman... jy is nothing like a hj or bj, so where do u think u could buy a used part? hmmm i wonder, like i go to my field and pull one off a parts car so to me its free, but if u wanted one from me id charge u like $20 jy's with computer inventory charge more like $40, some jy's that let u pull ur self charge like $10 so that should give u enough clues to come to ur own conclusion
lol im not a noobie, i that it was maybe the short for an auto parts store not a junk yard lol and i was a lil tired last night when i wrote that :p

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.