Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
CoupleOvans
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting the "issues" with my 3.3 swap sorted, I find it's still lacking over the 3.8 it replaced, so this has me thinking on the 01+ top end swap everyone talks of as the engine is like brand new yet.

I'm wondering, how hard is this really going to be to put the 01+ top end on a 1994 bottom end. From what I gather the parts all bolt on no problem, using the cam/head/intake manifold/exhaust manifold/etc, so my question is the supporting things.

Obviously I'll need to rewire sensors or adapt an old style TB for that to function/read properly.

What about the fuel rail/injectors? The old style runs a return, the new does not.

What about mounts/accessories? Will the old mounts still work, do my accessory locations change, etc?

I've heard talk of needing premium due the the compression bump, which is no big deal as I no longer daily drive it, what about tuning? Will the stock 94 ecm be able to tune it decently?

I know it's a lot of questions, but I'd rather ask them now then scramble once I'm into it.

·
CoupleOvans
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or the other option is to just use a 01+ engine complete and change what is needed to run on my ecm, which is probably the easier route and still a 30hp/30ft-lbs jump over my current 3.3, unless I swap to a newer 3.8, then it's a 65hp/65ft-lbs jump.
Either solution would get me back where I want to be power wise.
Someone has to know something on the subject.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts