Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that i'm driving home in the dark i noticed that the voltage drops off more now than it always did. will the 120a denso ones interchange with the 90a bosch ones.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
The denso and bosch use the same connections. I just found that out today when I held one next to the other.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
both 90 and 120 amp denso alternators are better then the bosch units. They rarely fail. their rear bearing is the size of most alternators front bearing and the front bearing is hugh. They also use more diodes then others. The only thing that usually fails is the brushes wear out from years and years of service. They can be replaced without ripping the whole thing apart too just pop off the rear shield and 3 screws later the brush holder is off.
Tim

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
i woudner how hard it would be to put a gm alt on the 3.0 would make my mgeasquirt install cleaner and easier
GM alternators are junk compared to denso alternators especially if they have aftermarket regulators on them.

I would think it would be easier to wire up the external regulator to a denso then it would be to mount a GM alternator to your 3.0. The external regulator is basicly 3 wires. One keyed to alternator that terminal hook a second wire to it and run it to regulator and a 3rd wire from other terminal on alternator to other terminal on regulator. That easy. If you need more info on that hook up and what terminals get what wires on the regulator PM me.
Tim

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
i knew it would bolt up, just wondering about field coil control resistance etc...
Should not be an issue. They used the same computers with both alternators. Since the computer handles the field load and both alternators were used in the same apps. it should work just fine. I have an extra denso here as soon as my convertible has an issue with the bosch its going in.
Tim

·
Registered
194 Posts
4.0 jeep?
Yep. If you search eBay for Jeep 130A jeep alternator, you'll find a posting that lists them as compatible for cars that came with the 90A setup, the vans, and Jeep 2.5 as well as 4.0. I think even one of the dodge truck motors was listed.

I couldn't tell you how accurate that is or what the output of the stock Jeep alternator is, but I can tell you that mine works. The size, shape, and electrical connections are identical.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.