Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
Griffin Thermal makes a radiator that might work, based from the measurements they give and the measurements i have taken on my Daytona. It may be overkill, no need for it, blah, blah, blah, but you know an aluminum radiator does look good!

Griffin Thermal Products 1-26241-XS - Griffin Aluminum Circle Track Radiators - Overview - SummitRacing.com
I just bought an OE replacement from advance auto puke and it is aluminum with plastic tanks. and it only cost me $75!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This one is all aluminum. The tanks and the 3" thick core with dual rows. This would way out perform any factory unit. But there again it is designed for racing.

And if i ever get the funds to turbocharge and install my 3.0 that's what I'm gonna put in the front of my Daytona. But i want to do some road racing and time trials in the long run so this will benefit me.

It was food for thought.

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
This one is all aluminum. The tanks and the 3" thick core with dual rows. This would way out perform any factory unit. But there again it is designed for racing.
well what i did is install a 160 degree thermostat from a 2.2 and a nice new factory unit. so i am way cool and no need for an expensive rad. the one in my lebaron drives my wife nuts because in the winter the heater wont get as hot as she would like!!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol 165 degree stat hmmm idk i like heat too.

·
Registered
13,473 Posts
I have a Griffin all aluminum rad in my car. You need a good radiator when you have a working a/c. A recore TII radiator would cause the coolant temperature to go higher and higher (had it at 230F at one point) when I'm using a/c on the highway during summer (115-125F) days. No problem so far, but then then it's only been 100F.

There is no point to install a lower temperature thermostat unless you can adjust when the fan turns on. I've install a 180 degree thermostat, and watched the temp in my scanner. It just takes longer to get to my normal operating temperature of 185-201F.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be keeping my A/C too. So anything that will help the A/C's performance is good with me.

Knight on the other hand ditched his A/C.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't want just a factory replacement. And i figured some other people are like me and not want a factory replacement, and might not know that Griffin made a radiator that could fit. And if you ask me 189.95 for an all aluminum radiator that has a 3" core and double 1" rows is a pretty good price.

The rad in my Daytona(which is the full size one)
27.5" wide overall (From tank to tank)
almost 16" tall overall (from the bottom of the core to the top)
there's plenty of space for the 3" core thickness(may need to convert the V6 fan to a pusher, or buy one)
and 17" overall height at the radiator cap
so the griffin unit should fit with ease.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would think so.

From Rock Auto
1993 Daytona 2.5
Spectra Premium - CU1108

1993 Shadow 2.5
Spectra Premium - CU1108

·
Registered
13,473 Posts
Took my car to a mountain drive this afternoon. Hottest coolant temp with a/c blasting was 206F, most of the time was around 190. My Griffin all aluminum radiator works great!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good to know even with the cooling troubles of the 2.2/2.5 4 cylinders.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
hey tryingbe do you have a griffin model number for the one you have or at least the dimensions as thats the size i am looking for my daytona, so my intercooler piping can go through my support frame

my buddy has a civic 3 core all aluminum rad with shroud and fan he can sell me for $75 used twice before car was rearended, i was going to mod that to fit in my tona

·
Registered
346 Posts
ok i thought something was not right but you guys are talking about 2.2 and 2.5 engines i have a 3.0 will this still fit?
:shrug:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The radiator could really be for either but the measurements i gave are for the full size 2.5 non-turbo or 3.0 radiator. Tryingbe has a 2.2L Turbo (i am guessing) and his Griffin rad is a lot smaller.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.