Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1984 dodge daytona turbo z 2.2l turbo 1. It's running rich and the only code popped up was 23 (air charge sensor) caused power limited to came on. I want to change out the old stock part with a new one (all brass 3/8 with a brass cage and a new connection plug). Would it be safe to do so? any other ideas out there?
Second I need to do a tune up but am woundering if the ignition timing could be causing the car to run rich also. See the block has the 84-85 distributor cap in it but just found out last night that it has the 782 head and its stamped in 88 trying to find out the yr of the block but no luck yet I know the engine had been changed out and the harness so new engine and the matching harness with it. So the question is do I run a 85 distributor cap that's in it now or go with the 86? Some one please help out thanks

·
Administrator
25,217 Posts
I replied to your other thread although some of the other info I was looking for is located here.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I didn't see your other thread but 84-85 distributors/caps match early logic modules.

A 1986 distributor isn't compatible with 1984-1985 electronics.

The Engine only sputters, won't really run when mismatched.

An early Engine will run fine with a later cyl. head.

I can't understand your wiring statement?

Periods and short sentences help!!

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks randy I had a hard time here in ny because all the old part numbers half to be cross reference to the new part numbers in there system. The swirl head 782 was put on what I believe to be a 85 block so the confusion was I feel like I'm trying to find parts for the 85 block and parts for the head two different yrs and in the parts systems in part store all around it would say this part will not fit so with the help from you guys I managed to find all the part for my tune up and ordered three diff air charge sensors in which would fit and one of them is the actual air charge sensor that is in it now. the only code that's popping up is code 23 and being a turbo one my confusion was what sensor would actually work best newer or the original one. I still gotta find the yr on the block and the previous owner put the engine in all rebuilt gave me a list of all the new installs and stated he put in the wiring harness that came with the engine. I was told to flush the engine oil that's in it and run 10w40 conventional because of the new engine rebuild and run some good octain gas right now ngk spark plugs are in the 2.2l turbo and I'm switching back to the champions would you agree to this oil? Thanks for all of your guys knowledge it helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts