Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this is my first post, I'm not sure if I'm even able to post pics yet but ill find out. Anyways I had somebody hit me up on the honda boards who has a turbo sundance about modding his stock 1 piece intake like some of the ones I've seem on this site where u cut the top off the back of the plenum and make it larger and run a larger tube to the throttle body also. Well some of u may have seen my work and know that I like fabbing and I definitely like showing it all off. I'm sure u guys will appreciate it more then the guys on the rest of the forums I'm on....... So I went all out on this being that its my first one. First thing I did was fixture the stock manifold. Next came hacking the whole intake up and leaving nothing but the runners. After that I hacked some length off the runners and ported them all the way through. After that I constructed the plenum. im at the point now where I need to weeks the plenum and elbow all up and weld on and blend the floor into the runners followed up by final step of welding the plenum to the lower half. Pics to come if I'm able to.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
hmm... Interesting

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
this kinda makes me wish i still had my one piece but i am installing a 2 piece

good question i would go d plenum for hood clearance but thats me LOL

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a custom built plenum, I've always wanted to do one like it ever side I started doing this but never have until now. I usually always taper my plenums, somtimes ill just taper the end cap on my big plenum boosted intake manifolds. This particular plenum is closer to a d then a round I can tell u that

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Nice, i would like to see this completed as well and see how it does

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The shitty part is the owner hasn't had an engine in the car for 3 years I think he said. I don't know what his build consists of or how long its going to take to get done. I wanna see what this does compared to the more popular custom intakes out there as soon as possible u know. Who's got a decent build on here that's trustworthy enough and would be interested in testing this ....... Anybody got any good suggestions?

Mike

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.