Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use http://photobucket.com/terms

Thank you

Community Support

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Maybe it's time the admins here start considering more space for our photos?

I quit posting build threads and how-to's here because I'm out of photo space. And it doesn't matter if you up your membership, because it doesn't gain you any more...:frown2:

I post all my photos & builds over on turbo-mopar because I have unlimited photo storage over there....

·
Super Moderator
11,683 Posts
same as it always was .. manage attachments - no third party money grubbin' garbage involved

though I've never understood the need to post pics to a hosting site to begin with

·
Administrator
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Moving forward, we highly recommend that you use the Attachments tool within your Go Advanced option (can also be seen in your User CP), Pictures & Albums and Gallery to host your images on our site here. We can always increase the attachment storage space for free members to better accommodate your pictures, if need be. However, supporting members do have unlimited storage:

http://www.turbododge.com/index.php?page=subscribers

Let us know if you're running into any issues posting images. As for the previously posted images (via PB), our techs are still looking for a fix on this. Thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter.

Cheers,
Natalie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, it's a shame with photobucket.. I saw a lot of people going to google to store their photos now, I hope they won't pull a stunt like this.

·
Administrator
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, it's a shame with photobucket.. I saw a lot of people going to google to store their photos now, I hope they won't pull a stunt like this.
This change has hurt a lot of members / companies / News providers. It is unfortunate.

To ensure that what you post here, stays here, use the attachment manager.

JB

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just got back on after a few month to update my build thread and finally finish things. You say to contact an administrator if you have single images that need replaced, but what if you have an entire thread of images that will need to be redone? could use some help on that regard. Thanks

·
Administrator
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got back on after a few month to update my build thread and finally finish things. You say to contact an administrator if you have single images that need replaced, but what if you have an entire thread of images that will need to be redone? could use some help on that regard. Thanks
Hello there,

How long is the thread? Can you send the link here?

Best regards,

Ed

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey,

The images are working for me on all browsers. What are you seeing on your end?

Niall
uummmmmmm. I have no idea. its working for me now too, but they are still hosted on photobucket, so I don't understand what happened. I suppose I will just leave them be then.
Sorry for making you go through that, Im sorta puzzled right now.

-Ethan

·
Administrator
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is strange. I had a look at the URL's in the posts and they don't look like they've been changed. If they do go again, I'll go in and change them.

Niall

1 - 17 of 17 Posts