Turbo Dodge Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Nice cool day in North Texas, temp is in the high 70's perfect for turbo drive. Put about 100 miles on the car in the past few days. I haven't driven much in the hot summer months. I had to replace coolant temp sensor on engine a while back since engine was running rough. The new coolant temp sensor looks to have taken care of rough idle and poor engine performance. With the cooler fall weather I plan on driving the R/T more often.

Ron

·
Registered
154 Posts
This A/C bracket,,is it unique to our T3 engines only? Or wil any of the 2.2/2.5 work?
Was just wondering so to try it before ruining my T3 one??

THANKS
P.S.,,,Any one have an extra bracket?
Or one that has already been done??

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
This A/C bracket,,is it unique to our T3 engines only? Or wil any of the 2.2/2.5 work?
Was just wondering so to try it before ruining my T3 one??

THANKS
P.S.,,,Any one have an extra bracket?
Or one that has already been done??
The Lotus 16V AC bracket is different from the 8 Valve AC Bracket. The Lotus head configuration requires a smaller/shorter AC Compressor.

Using the small Idler pulley requires less modification to the AC bracket. Just drill hole and smooth some rough areas of the casting. The larger pulley modification by Jackson requires a lot more cutting of the AC bracket.

Ron

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks,,
This one does look easier an quicker.
Did you take the whole bracket off to measure it for your and on piece?
How did you determine just where to drill/mount you pulley ??
To put just the right amount of pressure/deflection on the belt?
Now we take the idler off on the back side,,correct??

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Thanks,,
This one does look easier an quicker.

Did you take the whole bracket off to measure it for your and on piece?
- YES, it is best to remove AC bracket to prep the part for hole and cleaning up casting for belt clearance.

How did you determine just where to drill/mount you pulley ?? - Best to check out diagram as far as placement of drill hole for bolt. The measurements are accurate for placement of drill hole.

To put just the right amount of pressure/deflection on the belt?
The position of the small idler pulley was determined to get timing marks of cams and center crank at TDC. It also places appropriate amount of pressure on timing belt. The small idler is used on the WRX in a similar manner.

Now we take the idler off on the back side,,correct??
- NO, keep the rear idler pulley in production position.

Ron, See above in Blue

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks..
Sorry,,in one post I saw it said the mod replaced the other idler pulley,, that's where that question came from,

I didn't see a diagram,,!?
Which post #

THANKS

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Bump - I have roughly 8000 miles with the Small Idler pulley modification. No issues to date with the small idler or timing belt wear.

Ron

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for all the updates!!! I'm sure everyone appreciates that you didn't just give us a fix and disappear on us like so many other people do. I myself plan on doing this next winter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ron,
I've been following this post since I bought my R/t spirit, and plan on doing the mod this winter.
last update was about a year ago, do you still have the car and if so how is it doing? Also I do appreciate the constant updating and loads of diagrams for helping others including myself!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Hi midwestmopar, Yes, I still have the '93 Daytona IROC RT. The Daytona has a little over 12,000 miles on it since the small idler pulley modification was installed. No problems to date with the small idler pulley, timing belt or oil pump.

Good to hear you find the documentation on the small idler pulley modification useful for your Spirit R/T update. I've tried to share my experience to make the TIII engine more reliable so we can enjoy the Dodge 2.2 TIII performance inspired by Carroll Shelby.

Ron P.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts