Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, went for a drive yesterday and ended up doing a little junkyard hopping when I came across another turbo dodge. Not just any TD either, but a rare 85 silver/blue stripe Shelby Charger. From what I can tell, it appears to have an original mileage of around 23k! It got hit in the drivers rear 1/4 but is fixable. Car had been sitting under a tree so long that it has mushrooms growing off the front bumper. I looked inside to find that the interior has no sunfade and is a perfect deep blue. no stains etc. And when looking under the hood... No oil, grease, etc. on the outside of the engine and the turbo wastegate is still very shiny.

I have to come up with 300 bucks pretty soon or they'll crush it, but will get pics either when it gets to my house, or when I go back to the yard.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Great find, leave a deposit on it!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't trust the yard enough for that. I once bought an 89 T1 Shelby Tona from them for 160 bucks. Said he had the title and didn't and didn't want to tell me who had previously owned it, so I had to part it. Had every option except the CD player. Digi-dash, 12 button, etc. and the car was mint inside and needing paint. I drove it off the trailer at my house and was driving it around the neighborhood later that day. :( He does have the title for this one though (So he says...) but if he doesn't I'll pull everything and put it in my 87 Duster and have a clone :)

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
sounds good, theres a shelby charger around here guy says he wants 1200 atleast for it, he sayed it wasnt turbo but i think they were all turbo

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bought the car today for 200 bucks. was a 1 owner from california. will post pics after we get it picked up today/tomorrow (Hopefully)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK ok got those pics. Was dissapointed when going through the glove box and found paperwork showing over 90K for the odometer :( So it must be 123K. Perfect floors, but a bent rear axle, so It looks like everything is going itnto my duster and I'm taking it off the market. Gonna build me a clone :)

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
dude just cut the 1/4 panel out and find a donor with a good one and do some bodywork. cause otherwise its complete. A REAL car is worth more than a CLONE, and wouldnt you rather drive a real shelby charger or a "cloned" one?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had an 84 Shelby Charger, I think. It was silver with the blue stripes. It had a 2.2 non-turbo engine, supposedly like an HO 2.2L. Does this sound right? These were rare?

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Man i would love to be able to wonder some of the junkyards around here but at 90 percent of the places i stop at they wont let me in there yard

1 - 16 of 16 Posts