Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Michigan TD guy here. Just had a few questions to keep my old van going as parts are getting rather difficult to acquire. Anyone know an interchangeable rear beam axle for a 93 caravan with a 2.5l ? Can I use one from one that came with a v6 and just change out the stub axles ? Gotta keep this thing going its my parts hauler/ autocross wanna be van lol.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately I don't have an answer for your question, but I recommend asking the same question over in the suspension sub-forum, link https://www.turbododge.com/forums/f22/

More gear-heads will see IT in there, cheers!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi everyone, Michigan TD guy here. Just had a few questions to keep my old van going as parts are getting rather difficult to acquire. Anyone know an interchangeable rear beam axle for a 93 caravan with a 2.5l ? Can I use one from one that came with a v6 and just change out the stub axles ? Gotta keep this thing going its my parts hauler/ autocross wanna be van lol.
Hi. I'm sure they are all the same except for All wheel drive models. Any 1991-95 are on the same generation of minivans. No reason it would be different on a 4 cylinder vs 6 cylinder model.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought so, but I had run into another hurdle. Closest one I could find was in flat rock (wasn't specified if it was a awd axle or not) and I did not want to drive 70 miles for the wrong one or put an old rusty axle in the lancer. Bright side, the 96-02 rear beam has been used although the spring perches are a bit wider. Over on another site the reverse was tried and worked but with no supporting pics I was a bit leery but eh. So I went to a nearby yard and Came across a loaded rear with drums for 50 bucks delivered off a base model 00, had my tape measure with me about a inch difference overall. Spring shackles were 1/2 inch further apart. Might actually work I'll try and post some pics on Friday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts