Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i Just bougth a 92 Iroc R/T

The car has been siting in a garage for about 2-3 years.

Run ok, but the ANTI-LOCK light wont come OFF :bang head

What should be cheked first?
Is there any simple bug that can lite the Anti-lock warning ligth?

·
RIP
1,363 Posts
Probably one of the wheel sensor bad or stuck. Hook up a DRB-III Scaner and it will tell you which sensor is bad. IIRC, the sensor are about $70 and your local Dodge Dealer.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably one of the wheel sensor bad or stuck. Hook up a DRB-III Scaner and it will tell you which sensor is bad. IIRC, the sensor are about $70 and your local Dodge Dealer.

I dont have DRB and the damn sensor is 3 time that price here in Canada if ever a shop can find one to sell.

Anyways, ill find one next week.

I never though parts were going to be that hard to find for this car.:eek:

·
Administrator
25,749 Posts
Do not go throwing parts at the problem until you know what the problem is, it could be anything from the ABS controller, to the hydaulic control unit to a wheel speed sensor to any of the wiring in between.
An ABS problem is not going to affect your normal braking so it is not a safety issue.
You will need a scanner to access the ABS system and retrieve the codes.
I do not know if an aftermarket scanner will access the ABS system.

·
RIP
1,363 Posts
If all else fails, take it to a dealer or shop that has a scan tool and pay the diagnostic fee to find out what the problem is and the tell them that since it is not a real safety issue, you will fix it later. IF it is a wheel sensor, you probably won't find a used one, because they are a plastic sensor that is a tight slip fit into the wheel and they get pretty crudded up in that area. I have never been able to remove one without distroying it.
When I have a problem, I always want to know exactly what the problem is and then I can decide to fix it of continue looking at the dash light. The price may be higher here, its been a couple years since I bought one. So, I'm not really sure on the price.

·
Administrator
25,749 Posts
Just remember if you take it to an aftermarket repair facility make sure they have the proper cable to access the system. It is not done thru the underhood diag connector, it is accessed thru the blue CCD bus connector under the dash.
Even if you do go to a dealer be sure they still have the cable,DRB2 has not been used since 1995, cables get lost and broken.I never looked to see if our DRB3 came with it since i have never had to use it with the DRB3 and we still have ours for the DRB2.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
... ...they are a plastic sensor that is a tight slip fit into the wheel and they get pretty crudded up in that area. I have never been able to remove one without distroying it. ... ...
Yes, i found this yesterday... so now it definitly need replacement :(
The dealer will have one next week or so.

My problem is that i need to pass an inspection to get it on the road and the abs is required to work properly.

I will send the car to a dealer or a a garage that can scan it.

My other idea was to modified the ligth in the dash but since i know i need to nearly disasemble the whole car to get acces to that light i prefer to fix it the right way.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just got a nice trick,
Just test the resistance of each sensor with a multimeter and compare, can also turn the wheel and see if it change.
If all about the same resistance then you go with the DRB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts