Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to turn the boost up on my turbo to around 13-14 psi, but I know everything will most likely melt if I don't intercool lol. You guys know how to intercool an 84 daytona Z?
I've checked out Donovan's Dodge Garage, but the intercooler mods some of the guys did on there for 84s are pretty complicated to me :eek:

Any help is appreciated:hello1:

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
to paraphrase UNA: 'do a TII conversion'
so search on that

if you wish to IC your 84-7 style intake manifold & turbo,
its more difficult, as you found in yur browsing

another alternative might be 'chemical intercooling',
which would be to add a methanol injection nozzle somewhere in yur intake tract ..

theres lots of threads on that subject too.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been told left and right to do a TII conversion and I have read up on it. I'm just not sure if I have the cash or the know how to do it right.

D

·
0 Posts
it makes it easier but i dont think you have to change out the harness.you already have the under hood map right?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, it's next to the ECU. I could probably move the map though as soon as I figure out where I could put it under the hood

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
it makes it easier but i dont think you have to change out the harness.you already have the under hood map right?
no those are in the kick panel.. lol.

D

·
0 Posts
oh,i thought i read someone moved it under the hood.buy a TII tona LOL or TIII :thumb:

D

·
0 Posts
id just slowly gather up the parts and then when your ready go over the whole car and be done

D

·
0 Posts
pretty much,this gives ya time to go over the car and undo what the previous owner did LOL.dont want to TII it only to have problems

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
pretty much,this gives ya time to go over the car and undo what the previous owner did LOL.dont want to TII it only to have problems
lol well unless a parts car is avalable!:thumb::thumb:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts