Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 86 charger thats been sitting for a couple of years that was 3/4 finished on a drag setup. Looking to get in running and put the final touches to run it a couple times this summer. Found some paperwork of what has been done to it. Have been out of the turbo world for a little while and need some refreshing.
89 2.5 bored .40 with weisco pistons
ported 2 piece intake and exhaust manifold
t3 garrett turbo
mp 314 camshaft
782 head ported with 1mm oversized back cut valves
stainless steel lines
talon bov valve
s60 wiring harness
s60 computer
3" mandrel bent exhaust no cat
+40 injectors
3-bar map
adjustable fpr
255 walbro intank fuel pump
52mm throttle body
a413 tranny with cheetah powershift kit
looks like saab intercooler mounted in front of radiator
Everything is pretty much installed except for most of the wiring harness is not connected, alternator missing,battery, vacuum lines and hoses missing.Anything important missing or problems running this setup? Doesn't seem like it needs too much to get it fired up but don't want to damage anything. Thanks

· Mr. Moderator
8,952 Posts
doesnt sound like a bad set up. Eventually I would replace that sabb intercooler.
They are good for low boost but can become a cork at higher boost levels if you have the thin one with plastic edges

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
doesnt sound like a bad set up. Eventually I would replace that sabb intercooler.
They are good for low boost but can become a cork at higher boost levels if you have the thin one with plastic edges

Yes it is long and thin with plastic sides with in and out on the right side. Any recomendations on another intercooler for higher boost levels. Planning on using the 18 setting on the s60 computer with race gas. I've seen a lot of posts on the volvo ones but seems like a good bit of modification to get them to fit.

· Mr. Moderator
8,952 Posts
^sounds like the easier route^
Why do all those modifications and still not have it run totally correctly?
I think you should get the correct cal go from there. I am sure you will be happier in the end.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.