Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wish I were driving it but hopefully soon. Its an 86 Daytona C/S with T-Tops. Got an 88 Lebaron that has bad head for sure hopefully that is all as once I get it running it will be gutted and swapped to the Daytona.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wish I were driving it but hopefully soon. Its an 86 Daytona C/S with T-Tops. Got an 88 Lebaron that has bad head for sure hopefully that is all as once I get it running it will be gutted and swapped to the Daytona.

I dont know if you know were pull-a-part is but they got a red daytona way in the back with a pretty good looking head on it think its even a g-head theres no casting numbers on it or were the "728" is on mine. Just a thought lol =p

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pull a Part is actually where I bought my Daytona and will be where I go looking for an engine if the head I have on my Daytona is screwed but it shouldn't be Mechanic said he thought the bottom end was but he wasn't sure without tearing it apart so basically Pull a Parts is a last resort since the engine in the Daytona already cost me 2500 and never got broke in I want to use as much of it as I can.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pull a Part is actually where I bought my Daytona and will be where I go looking for an engine if the head I have on my Daytona is screwed but it shouldn't be Mechanic said he thought the bottom end was but he wasn't sure without tearing it apart so basically Pull a Parts is a last resort since the engine in the Daytona already cost me 2500 and never got broke in I want to use as much of it as I can.
I'd look into the whole thing for sure man

Nope its a red t-top
I'd like to check it out. I could use some pieces

·
Registered
36 Posts
gonna be tearing the head off this weekend and seeing if there is any damage to the piston will know more when I get home Sunday and will let you know what it looks like or if I get it running. Expect the swap to take a few weekends once I see how everything is working. The cars are at my parents farm as it is much easier to lift engines with the tractor and they have concrete floors in the barns for less chance of contamination lol.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol. I can relate man. I'll post a picture of mine. Y'all let me know if there's any other pictures you'd like to see of it. I'm very glad to know there's other daytonas here in Oklahoma

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yours looks alot better than mine all faded and starting to rust. If it fits which console looks the same but seats etc they will be going in the daytona because its interior is ugly and pitiful. Will probably be custom making door panels bad.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol. Thank you? You can find the panels in the for sale section or post up in the wanted section. My exterior is peeled and faded, but the interior and motor are good. Let me know if you need help, tips or advice. It's going to be very rewarding once you get yours done

1 - 20 of 62 Posts