Turbo Dodge Forums banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I might need lots of help debated going v8 rwd and no turbo as I know a little about working on those but was gonna cost more than I can afford might try to do it to the lebaron for 1 hell of an adrenaline ride. Its a convertible so I would have to put some life support on it and will prob never happen since my patience level isn't the best. Besides there are a few Daytona converted and I would think not as many lebarons since they are more of a luxury design. But the daytona is definitely the primary goal and since I have to change out all the wiring I may need some advice. Been informed the lebaron dash wires will kill my power mirrors but I never move them once I set them anyway unless they need replaced. What I don't know is if my boost guage will work since the lebaron doesn't have one that I have noticed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Got the head off and 1 of the number 3 valves has a big chunk out of it (thats the good news) and the number 2 cylinder has melted metal caked to piston and bottom of head and valves. Also the number 2 cylinder now has an orange peel feel rather than being smooth.

·
Registered
63 Posts
damn that sucks lol...and i though mine was bad =o

heres a picture of mine should but going within a month or 2
blocks getting machined had the crank turned already now i pretty much am waiting to get the block back and order parts oh and the turbo needs some rebuilding thats gonna be a blast..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice. I'm thinking about going down to pull a parts or calling some of the yards and seeing if I can find a good motor. Also, thinking about getting a LM and seeing if the daytona will start. Don't know if it would keep it from starting at all but I noticed a lot of the symptoms were problems I was having before the car wouldn't start.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yeah its a t2 and it was free as well...ill most likly be going to pull a part this week some time to get a coil pack for my other car ill run back to the dodge section and see if they have gotten anything new..they took a few rows out the last 2 weeks and havent put anything back in..:bang head

there was that one t-top with the glass in it and every thing other than the back one that some one broke out =o

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
mistreatment of good td's...if any of you does get a chance and remembers to check for the parts i need i will greatly appreciate it. sucks not having any good nearby yards here

·
Registered
36 Posts
i will keep my eyes open.

Any ideas as to what might have caused only the 2 to do that thought maybe due to the deep grooves in the cam shaft maybe not letting the exhaust out but why only the 2cylinder so it seems weird especially since the 1 and 3 were the most worn by rockers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
im still jacking with it the timing marks not lining up properly and it got to hot for a while I dont do triple digits. got the fuel pump replaced and is getting fuel and starting just need to get the time right to know if the engine is broke. trying not to take it apart so I got compression, oil, and vacuum testers to make sure everything is ok after I line everything up where I think it is supposed to be.

·
Registered
147 Posts
tulsa area here. i have some engine parts and a head laying around if you need em. i have a common block 2.5 bare block and a complete 86 2.2. heads wise i have a stock 87 roller fastburn head and i think a 89 tbi head. ill double check. the 2.2 could use some freshing up. it ran when i pulled it. just low compression. has 190k on it. didnt knock though!!

21 - 40 of 62 Posts