Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking they will work but has anyone put one in our turbododges? It's going in a 2.2 common block with a 523. :confused:
4668555-AH

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Well the flex plate and fw/PP assembly would bolt up, but I think the splines on the tranny would be different.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I looked up the 2 clutches and they both have 17 splines. :cool: Guys are putting 2.4's in but not sure what clutch they're using. I might get one anyway as my 99 Neon will need a clutch sooner or later anyway.:fingersx:

PT - Base; 8-7/8" OD x 15/16" ID x 17T; Modular Kit Includes Flywheel

92 Daytona Turbo - Clutch Set Diaphragm; 9x17Tx15/16

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
So the 523 had the same spline as the a568. The 2.4 swaps replace that funky flexplate clutch set up with a td setup incl the td f/w. That is why I picked my current setup and went overboard with it, that way I can reuse if I go with a 2.4 swap.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my 523 is a 92, not sure if it makes a difference but I looked at the non turbo cars that year and they all have 17 splines but don't say the spline diameter. Same clutch kits.:confused:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Donovans Dodge garage doesn't shed any light but the 90 Daytonas had 18 splines. :bang head:confused:

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I am pretty sure they are all the same spline count, just different kit qualities. The v6 flywheels and pressure plates discs are interchangeable(physically) with the 4cyl and turbos-as far as I know.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think they'll work, they are giving an inside diameter of 15/16" for both. :bash:

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Donovans Dodge garage doesn't shed any light but the 90 Daytonas had 18 splines. :bang head:confused:
Well the 92+ got the Large spline w/ less teeth. This was to help get rid of binding. No one has broken a td small spline that I have read about.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well on the Neon boards they say you can't use the turbo PT/Neon clutch because of the different tranny so I guess it uses a different spline.:(

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just thought of something, I have a 2002 Neon R/T clutch I pulled off my R/T motor before dropping it in my 98 so I'll slip it over the input shaft of my 523 and post an update.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Or if you have the plastic clutch aligment tools handy you could use those.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't have them but the clutch and tranny are right on my garage floor so it should be easy to check.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts