Turbo Dodge Forums banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

· Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,537 Posts
I have to get a new power steering hose in the GLHS and some new tires, but 250 miles is still a pretty long haul for a fairly unproven car. I also need to change my brake fluid. The car sat in a garage for 10 years.

· Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,537 Posts
I might be doing a northern area meeting in Carrollton IL with a gentleman named Tom who has a GLHS soon. Probably get lunch, maybe cruise and lose some rubber. Anyone from the Jerseyville/Jacksonville area feel free to come out of the woodwork! Let me know of any interest so we can schedule it.

· Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,537 Posts
What kind of car do you have Ben? A few friends and Turbo Dodge fans started a local Facebook page last year. St. Louis Turbo Mopar. If you don't do Facebook that's ok. I keep in text/phone contact with local guys who don't do much online.

We are an eclectic group with fanaticism for the turbo cars, NA FWD, and Mopars all around.

Can't believe you're right next door.

-Mark Lucas

G

·
Hey there Mark. I'll have my wife check out the FB as I do not facebook. I generally only check here from time to time from work. I have a few cars, all N/A's. My Turbo II lebaron went to the crusher around the turn of the century. I have 2 1990 Horizons (one auto one stick). I have a Black TC 3.0
I also have an 88 Sundance factory no Air car.

~~Chris Bennett

· Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,537 Posts
Hi Chris! Once the weather breaks I'm sure we will see more of each other. Up until 2014, I didn't know what a 2.2 turbo was! TBI was where it's at since working on my first Reliant in 2001. I'm currently daily driving a 1988 Plymouth Caravelle. I just sent my '89 Lebaron Turbo GT to a new home today. It's headed up to Rockford.

· Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,537 Posts
If you aren't on facebook it may be a little harder to keep in touch with them. I don't believe that many of the Chicago SDAC guys frequent this forum. They tend to hang out on the Turbomopar forum. The acronym stands for Shelby Dodge Automobile Club. The club has been running since the cars were still new. I will get back with you if I find a thread here about SDAC Chicago meets.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.