Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im changing front wheel bearing, not sure what wheels ("14 or 15") my 89 TD caravan had originally.... I dont have access to the van now, but have to order hub assembly. I do have the VIN if that helps. I know i can just have the shop change the common pressed bearing (alone) but its cheaper to change whole hub assembly (bearing already pressed in). Of coarse im a rush lol

THX!

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I checked RA on an 89 Van. The old style "pressed in" bearings were used on the 14" while the 15" used the newer style "bolt in" style hub/bearing. I am familiar with the ones used in 91+ cars and they would not be interchangeable as the knuckles are different. So it sounds like the original wheels are 14"

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked RA on an 89 Van. The old style "pressed in" bearings were used on the 14" while the 15" used the newer style "bolt in" style hub/bearing. I am familiar with the ones used in 91+ cars and they would not be interchangeable as the knuckles are different. So it sounds like the original wheels are 14"
.................................................................................................................................
DAMN! THX!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
1989 14" were 5 on 100 mm bolt circle.

1989 15" were slotted steel wheel only 5 on 4.5" bolt circle.

Rare exception is a few 14" ( 5 on 100mm) vans got 15" alloy car wheels.

Thanks
Randy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts