Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as tittle says does anyone make a anti wheel hop thing for our type of cars?
becuse i have a idea..ok if i can make a plate that bolts to the "frame" rail behind the K-frame and bolts to the rear K-frame bolt and bolts to the rail and use 3/4 inch hime(sp?) joints and bolt it all togather and make it snug it shouldnt wheel hop.. what do you all think??

thanks..

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
A solid front motor mount and solid bobble strut took care of all my wheelhop. These cars don't really wheelhop that bad, my neon is a lot worse than my Spirit ever was.

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea motor mounts would help but i have solid motor mounts and it still wheel hops. so i was thinking about trying to build a custom set up for my car.. and possably for more than one car.

and i dont touch front suspention parts...i did on my omni and it was never right.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
What year is your car?
If 1988 or older with the strut style suspension, it
could be not "hop" but "fore and aft" movement
because of a soft strut bushing.

Johnny
PolyBushings.com

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that looks like it plants the tires when the motor moves back....

but the way i was going about it, it would hold the A-arm from moving forward so it doesnt have the movement that causes wheel hop

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
The only problem w/ Traction bars similar to what your talking about is they limit the suspension. Meaning its more locked in place not free to move.

Personally I think you should get some poly control arm bushings and maybe poly swaybar bushings.

Also check you drivetrain to see if its centered, level and what angle the motor is tilted

·
Legendary Driver
10,968 Posts
+1 to Energy Suspension bushings for the 84-90 cars/vans. Not that hard, an alignment afterwards will fix anything. Right now with stock bushings the suspension is doing the "Hula" with every input via road or engine. You only want the suspension to move in it's desired arc. I went as far as making stainless steel bushings with a spherical bearing in them. So the suspension swings very freely in it's engineered arc but doesn't move any other way. No wheel hop, and rides smoother than with stock or Poly bushings.

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
opps forgot about this thread...i would get the new poly bushings but i just had all new "stock" one's in... so i'm not going to take those out just so i can spend more money. plus i have everything for the bars i need...tubing bender, metel break so i look at it like if it doesnt work we'll have a thread to go back on to talk people out of it..:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts