Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen them in summit and was just curious. Its a round style muffler with a double helix style inside. Its all straight through....they look like they would flow well but they are just expensive. Its between one of those or a BorlaXr-1 muffler. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
moroso has an interesting one, but it has less restriction- think tornado. I use a dynomax rond 3" Straight through, sounds plenty manly. :D

·
Registered
228 Posts
They don't muffle worth a damn. We have some customers with them on their trucks and they're plain loud. They'd be great in a racing class that requires "mufflers" but otherwise- they're not mufflers. Because our cars are fairly quiet with turbos, it may not be a bad idea.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
i wouldnt call that "straight through", theres baffles in the way.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I have a Borla on mine and another near the end, still not real quiet.

Magnaflow is a great muffler, I think the Borla(which has a baffeled peice running through the middle) may be better for drone.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I use a magnaflow, and I love it! real nice deep tone, with no droning at any rpm that I've found ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah I'm gonna be running a 3" with no muffler from the turbo back with dual rear exits. I've done away with the spare tire tunnel. We shall see how it sounds. worse comes to worse I'll just have to put a muffler on. Thats also with a t3/t4 hybrid on a heavily built motor. and pumping 26 to 32 psi on race gas. still street drivin though. z06's are nothing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts