Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there tried Zaino's ZFX accelerant? We will be trying it latter this week to get as many coats of polish possible in one day on "Vinny" prior to his car show appearance. Tips, suggestions, comments? ?:|

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I don't have any Zaino. I plan on buying some Zaino at CTF. I can't wait to get some.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FlowRW said:
I have and know several that have. It does "dry" quicker. I only put on 2 coats that day. It doesn't, in itself make a better shine, multiple coats of Zaino will do that. it will help you get 3 to 4 days of shine into one day. And that is a good thing.
And with this weather and no garage.....that's exactly what we need to do!

·
Registered
27 Posts
ZFX

absolutely the easiest and the best stuff ever!!!!just follow the instructions and your pt will shine like it never has before!!!!!!also you don't have to use z1 just ZFX HAPPY CRUSIN :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have been using ZFX for 6-8 months and it does do what it is supposed to. Was able to get three coats of Z5 on in one day ( I use Z5 on my Black Cruiser because it seems to give a deeper shine than Z2. Z2 seems to shine better on light colored cars.) The only problem I have experienced is, occasionally the polish with ZFX will want to streak a little. It could be something I did wrong but I don't think so. It really isn't much of a problem because the streaks came right off with an application of Gloss Enhancer spray. Anyway, you should of seen the shine after 3 coats. Have fun polishin.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Hey Reese you better get that IR shining for CTF III. }})

Don't make us look bad up there eh! :D

Hope to see ya soon . :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
PT Drummer said:
The only problem I have experienced is, occasionally the polish with ZFX will want to streak a little. It could be something I did wrong but I don't think so. It really isn't much of a problem because the streaks came right off with an application of Gloss Enhancer spray. .
PT Drummer, there was a problem with Z-5 and ZFX in the late spring early summer batch of 2002. I had a couple of customers reporting the same issue. If you would have let it dry a bit longer, you would not have seen the streaking problem. The issue was with a batch of Z-5 and how it mixed with ZFX. The problem was solved sometime in early summer 2002.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Grzldvt said:

PT Drummer, there was a problem with Z-5 and ZFX in the late spring early summer batch of 2002. I had a couple of customers reporting the same issue. If you would have let it dry a bit longer, you would not have seen the streaking problem. The issue was with a batch of Z-5 and how it mixed with ZFX. The problem was solved sometime in early summer 2002.
Thanks for the info Steve. As a matter of fact I just polished my car with a new bottle of Z5 and the streak problem did not occur. I will check out your web address, it would be nice if I could order from someone a little closer to my area. The only Zaino distributor in Sacramento quit selling the product.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
?:| Does any body know of a Zaino distributer on the East coast or better yet near Maryland? Thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
Turtle best u can do is go to zaino themselves ....just up the road in jersey .i ordered my new batch on a monday shipped to and recieved in massachusettson thursday .....VERY good customer service on the east coast ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Zaino FX

We use it all the time on our Corvette and plan to use it on our PT as well. Only problem with FX is you haved to use ALL you mix right then, it does NOT keep. Other than that it's wonderful!
Joe :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts