Turbo Dodge Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we use the same plugs as a 2.2/2.5, I have seen these listed as a better replacement plug for the 2.2/2.5 but wanted to know how well they worked on a 3.0?

TIA!

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
These have a long nose and electrode with a V-cut groove. Here is a Pic, I almost picked up a set from scummit racing but was holding back to see if any 3.0 guys have ran these yet.

These seem used in the SRT10 Viper and the Jeep Cheeroke stock.

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welp, I ordered a set for $15.50 off the net, got them today, installed them on a spare head I have and rotated the camshaft to make sure it had clearance. I got them installed on the car and fired it up. I started fine but after a min or 2 it started to surge at idle, i figured it was probably too much boot grease (since I tore a connector off a plug wire :( ) It pulls a hell alot better now than my Autolite Platinum AP64 plugs!!

So for the surging I see I got the wrong gap, they came with .035", and must of got the 2.2/2.5 gap for some reason. So I'll be setting gap tomarrow @ factory .044" and i'll repost!

· Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Yup, I recently read several recommendations for the NGK V-Power plugs on a racing site were they do a LOT of testing and are looking for every little bit of gain... I just put standard NGK V-Power's in my van.

They also reported that you want to avoid platinum plugs. Reports that they increasing pinging. The current theory is the pinging is caused by the catalytic properties of platinum...

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PS. What are you gapping your plugs to?
I got of work early so I come re-gap the plugs, I set them from .044"-.047" (my hood shows factory gap of 1.1m which equals .0434444"), I did this while the engine was just shutoff after a 20min drive home, I figure since its hot it would shrink back down when cool hince why I overgapped them just a touch.

So since I just finished re-gapping them I started the engine and let run a few minutes, the surging is gone! YAY!

I'll have to repost my thoughts/results after I get a few miles on the car!

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really? I find that they last just as long as any other standard plug.
I believe brent is comparing them to a premium platinum/iridium plug since those will live to 90k, The Autolite Platinum AP64 plugs I had in the car had around 50+k and still had LOTS of life left in them, I'm actually keeping them just incase I need to swap back, but also have a Bosch Platinum plug set (brand new), 2 Different copper Champion sets (one new, one used) at my disposale.

I'm running NGK iridiums in my stealth, those were dang expensive!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.