Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone just trying to find out if anyone has put a Apexi N1 turbo muffler on a daytona. The muffler sounds pretty good with other 4 cylinder turbo cars and id really like to mount one on my daytona. Lemme know if it has been done already and if not how hard it will be to make this work.

· Premium Member
484 Posts
Is your Daytona turbo? All the normally aspirated cars I've heard with that muffler sounded terrible. I think the only time I've heard it on a turbo car is a WRX STi and it did sound good.

I think the hardest part would be working a tail pipe onto it. I've never seen an application with a tailpipe. They were all straight out of the muffler.

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes the car is turbo and is going to be a 3 inch turbo back exhaust with a 3 inch test pipe. I love the sound of this muffler on the other turbo cars and would love to get it onto my car. Would it need a tail pipe? I cant just have the muffler hang out the back end and weld it into place. Kinda like it is on 240sx's with the sr20det engine?

· Registered
2,028 Posts
yeah no need for a tail pipe, although you may get many people on here telling you that its "rice" or something. Personally I have another brand and its not very quiet so I ended up adding another muffler where the cat was. heres a pic of when I 1st put it on, before adjusting it some

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya i know its not going to be the most quiet muffler ever and dont have a problem with that. If its a turbo engine thats tuned very well idk how a straight through design muffler could ever be called "ricy". Its just one of the more well known turbo mufflers and i think it would be a perfect addition to the car

· Mr. Moderator
8,952 Posts
Also fills that void so if an officer just chances to look at your exhaust and see sokehing there he will ask less questions. But yes its just there to quiet it down a bit

· Registered
156 Posts
what are the benefits of puttng in a 3 inch inlet/outlet glasspack in the exhaust track? If i was to do this i would put it in place of the cat instead of just a test pipe
Gives it a deep tone no droning, nor ricey/raspy/harshness just mellow and smooth! Look under any 4 or 6 cylinder must have 2 sets of mufflers or should I say a resonator and a muffler! On the turbo car the turbo difuses the sound some what but a 14-18 glass pack would really got the dodge a smoother sound!

· Registered
1,476 Posts
of course you could save about $200 and get one of the $20 stainless fart can mufflers off ebay. thats what i did, look exactly like the super expensive ricer ones, way cheaper.

· Registered
750 Posts
I think the mufflers look and sound good, but I would recomend cutting into the GFX or angling it down out the back if your roads are anything like around here. I had a cannon on my Tona for about 2 days. Got stripped right off the back pulling into the local Turkey Hill lol.

· Registered
750 Posts
I had it straight out the back with the tip flush with the outside of the bumper. It just sits too low for these roads (puts it about 6" below the bumper and IIRC about 8-10" off the ground) but thats enough to scrape on some speed bumps and when entering/exiting ramped lots ect. ill see if I cant get some pics of the old setup.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.