Turbo Dodge Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal...you can be the proud owner of this custom signature award and all the prestige and rights (very minimal but mostly just bragging rights and berating those who lost to you) that come with being a COTM winner!

To enter your Turbo Dodge, submit a thread in the “TurboDodge Snapshots” section with pictures of your car (attached to thread) and a short paragraph about your ride! Then post a picture and your paragraph here as well. The winner, besides the custom signature award and brag rights, will have a stickied thread announcing your glorious victory, showing off your ride!!!

Seven days prior to the end of the month...the thread gets locked and a poll gets started. You are chosen by your peers through simple majority voting. You can also submit another members car if you really like it.

Once a car wins, you cannot enter another car for COTM, in the same year. Winners of each month will all compete for “Car of the Year”!

Good luck!

·
Banned
0 Posts
1988 Chrysler Town & Country Woody Wagon 2.2L TI
So here she is, pretty much stock except for the (newly painted) blue valve cover, blue lines and blue vac block, if anyone wants more pictures I will go out there and take them. These are what I currently have. She is stock, a couple of the guys helped replaced the head about 4-5 months ago, she needs some stuff to be her best but I'm proud of what I've got right here. She's been a Florida car all her life (except for an extended visit to TN) so no rust to be found.
Her best feature (also something I've never seen in any other one of these) is an all power bench seat. I find it to be an interesting feature even though it annoys the person in the passenger seat :cool:
Thanks for looking

·
Banned
0 Posts
nice spirit, and yeah, I've got the replacment in the garage just haven't had a chance to mess with it yet. I got into a wreck on the move down here, all I got was a small dent and the mirror broke off.. She's a tank!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
A good family friend, who worked as a tech for my father at Smith haven Dodge, bought this new in 1984. It was his first and last new car he bought. While I was at work with my father one day, the MP computer came in for the car. He was busy working so he asked me to put it in for him. Then he told me to take it for a spin. I was only 15 and did not have a license or even a permit. I had driven a car before but this was the first time I drove one by myself. So this is the actual car that started my TM addiction.
He took it off the road in 1993 and it sat in his garage first and then eventually ended up outside. He always said he would leave it to me in his will. He decided five years ago to just give it to me then.
The car was always maintained very well when it was on the road. I think he changed the oil every month. Sitting for over 10 years did take its toll on it. I had to replace the fuel pump, tank, and all hoses. The calipers, brake hoses, rotors and pads were shot and I had to flush the entire brake system. The radiator sprung a leak the first time I took it out so I replaced all the hoses and radiator. The wastegate actuator was rusted shut so that need to be replaced too. It only has 53,000 and surprisingly drives like it only has 53,000 miles. It is the smoothest running TM I have ever seen.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
HERE SHE IS...... MY BABY, 1987 DODGE DAYTONA SHELBY Z a.k.a SINISTER Z...........

does she even qualify even though theres no engine in her
at the moment... she gettin an overhaul/rebuild:bang head

well heres what it did look like..........

the interior......

with the 17's on her..........

SEXY THANG!!!......... The 17" rims are now on my van and have been repainted...... i put my set pumpers on car for now. but my crabs will get new tires and go back on for the summer! after motor gets done.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for entering Sinister and Blacksunshine05! Both have sick cars! I don't mind the engine rebuilding, everyone's gotta do it at some point! Awesome cars guys!!!

BUMP!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Thanks for entering Sinister and Blacksunshine05! Both have sick cars! I don't mind the engine rebuilding, everyone's gotta do it at some point! Awesome cars guys!!!

BUMP!
thanks STL, blacksunshine has a nice and clean uncludered SRT4 there!! well done bro!!!! but since im in the market for my old black beauty, the 89 ttop shelby has my attention!!!!! lol NEED DAT!!!!:bang head

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Your interior is very clean for as old as the car is. Dont see that much now a days.
THANK YOU!!! :D .......im an anal retentive OCD neat freak!! like sickly bad clean, well when it comes to my cars. plus im a detailer by trade. been detailing the better part of 21+ yrs nows. the paint is orginial too!! i wet sanded it and buffed the living snot out of it, when i got the car it was basiclly flat white..... single stage paint buffs real nice! paint does has it flaws but shines nice! interior is all orginial too, well besides the red piping, shift boot, and grant steering wheel. wanted to bring some color into the gray. the carpets are MINT!!!! as are the rear and passinger side seat, driver has some wear but its aint as bad as most. i have the knee panel and glove box out of an 89, there more rounded then what i have, gona swap them out before summer. have glove box key too!!!:thumb: at any rate thanks for compliment!!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.