Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so idk why this is confusing me but I almost have all the hardware I need to finish this conversion. I am missing a later model turbo distributor and injectors. I will be using a forward motion overlay harness for this conversion. I don't know what ecu I should get (planning on going on fwdp and getting a socketed one just don't know what year) My question is, is there anything different about super 60 injectors to where I can't put them in a non- "super 60 kit" application? Looking for suggestions, 260$ for a set of nos super 60s sounds pretty good to me....

·
Registered
13,458 Posts
Is your ECU going to be programmed with these injectors in mind?
If so, you can use them. If not, don't use them.

I ran 75lbs injectors with my LM.

$260 for a set of 52lbs Super60 injectors isn't really a good deal. There are bigger injectors for cheaper. Also keep in mind Dodge rate their injectors at 3.8 bar of fuel pressure while everyone else rate injectors at 3.0 bar of pressure.

https://www.racetronix.biz/product.asp?ic=17113743

·
Administrator
4,004 Posts
It doesn't matter what injectors you put in, as long as you have the ecu calibrated for the injectors you are going to use, and then efficiency is made from having modifications to demand that much fuel (ie. larger turbo, larger exhaust, ported manifolds/head, cam, etc).

I'm not familiar with the forward motion overlay harness, is this still going to run a logic module (LM)(assuming it's a 85 GLH-T)? If so, your LM year will be 1987 (Daytona).

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't matter what injectors you put in, as long as you have the ecu calibrated for the injectors you are going to use, and then efficiency is made from having modifications to demand that much fuel (ie. larger turbo, larger exhaust, ported manifolds/head, cam, etc).

I'm not familiar with the forward motion overlay harness, is this still going to run a logic module (LM)(assuming it's a 85 GLH-T)? If so, your LM year will be 1987 (Daytona).
I figured it would be an 87 lm. Although I see people use late model glhs too? I've also heard to stay away from the glhs modules I can't remember the reason tho...

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,004 Posts
I figured it would be an 87 lm. Although I see people use late model glhs too? I've also heard to stay away from the glhs modules I can't remember the reason tho...
86-87 GLHS can be used, but it lacks in availability and calibrations. 87 is the way to go and requires 2-3 pin changes at the plug, which you'd have to dig into anyway to upgrade the AIS from 2-wire log T1 to T2 4-wire

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
86-87 GLHS can be used, but it lacks in availability and calibrations. 87 is the way to go and requires 2-3 pin changes at the plug, which you'd have to dig into anyway to upgrade the AIS from 2-wire log T1 to T2 4-wire
luckily that's all in the overlay harness I have. I already have the ais on the TB. I've converted from the log intake and all that so all the big hardware is there. 87 lm seems to be the go to. Thanks

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Is it already a running and driving 1985 GLH Turbo you want to intercool??

If so you don't need to get complicated with electronics etc.

I've intercooled 1985's with great success using 1985 LM, injectors, distributor etc.

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it already a running and driving 1985 GLH Turbo you want to intercool??

If so you don't need to get complicated with electronics etc.

I've intercooled 1985's with great success using 1985 LM, injectors, distributor etc.

Thanks
Randy
The engine management is extremely lacking with a t1 setup. Planning on using mpscan and mptune to tune it. It's already got an fmic setup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts