Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I baught a fuel rail online hoping to use it on my 1990 spirit Es turbo but upon inspection I noticed it wasn't the same rail. It has this big black thing on the end of it. We're as mine doesn't. So I figured mayb I can just use the injectors. Is that possible ? I know the older t1 used the bigger garret were as mine is the smaller mits turbo. So what do u guys think? Would this be a good install? Or would it be a waist of time? Or are thay exactly the same?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
No, the log T1 use 27lb injectors. All T2 and everything '89-later(actually late '88) use 33lb injectors. The best thing to do is to post up the part number off those log injectors and we can tell you if they are the 27lb ones. Cause as we all know, its possible that someone could've changed them to the larger, 33lb ones.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
I baught a fuel rail online hoping to use it on my 1990 spirit Es turbo but upon inspection I noticed it wasn't the same rail. It has this big black thing on the end of it. We're as mine doesn't. So I figured mayb I can just use the injectors. Is that possible ? I know the older t1 used the bigger garret were as mine is the smaller mits turbo. So what do u guys think? Would this be a good install? Or would it be a waist of time? Or are thay exactly the same?
They are not the same. The older TI injectors are 27# injectors whereas the TII & 88+ TI injectors are 33#.

You do not want to use them...

·
Registered
13,441 Posts
Early 2.2 TI injectors and rail is waste of money and time for your 2.5TI engine.

ECU is very precisely programmed for the injectors that came on the car. The way it works is the ECU allowing the injectors to open for an exact amount of time under certain conditions. ECU can compensate to some degree working with the oxygen sensor, but in short, you can not mix and match ECU and injectors. The ECU has to be programmed for the injectors.

Some people likes to change fuel pressure to "fine tune" air fuel ratio because they can't program the ECU themselves, otherwise, they would definitely program the ECU instead.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dam! Well it's ok I didn't pay to much for them. Well thanks if anyone needs some log type injectors and rail let me know. Haha.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Post a picture, if it is a log rail it can be used on a 2 piece with minor mount modifications.

Best flowing of all the stock rails.

Thanks
Randy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts