Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Daytona -Are you tired of torn up visors?

When I got my Daytona, it's visors were very torn up and the former owner was a heavy smoker. So every time I would move my visor I would end up with ashes in my lap. I was talking with my dad and he had the idea to put convertible Lebaron visors in it. I wasn't sure about the rods, and how it was going to work out, but we bought a pair. They got to my front door a week later, I inspected them. They were vinyl, and in my opinion it matched leather better.Then I looked old torn up visors. The rods were completely different, so I pulled the rods out of the old visors. (NOTICE: the rods are in very tight, and when you pull them out move them side to side.) So I got the rods out eventually and pulled the ones out of the new visors too, again they are very tight, move side to side. then I put the rods out of the original visors into the new ones. When you place the Daytona rods into the visors, it requires patience, time and a lot of force, push side to side like when you pulled them out. Then when your done with that they should bolt up and plug right in and light up with no problem. I think we can all agree that all T-top Daytona's should have had these off the line. C'mon dodge, use your head! I think they look awesome!

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I just resowed my visors. I do agree though that the vinyl looks a lot better than fabric, however I prefer them to match. now what I really dislike is headliner, they just don't make 'em like they used to.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it does look good to match the headliner, maybe when I re-do my headliner this summer i will get fabric to match the visors. Are you going to the mopar nats with the Daytona?

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 89 Spirit ES, 96 Jeep XJ
5,937 Posts
That's an excellent idea. I was looking to replace my '89 visors also. Will have to grab a pair from a LeBaron next time I'm at the yard.

I was giving some thought to headliner replacement as well. I think when I get around to it, I may try to go vinyl with that too. The '82 Scirocco race car I've been working on has a factory vinyl headliner and it's still perfectly intact after 30 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts