Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find the ASD on my '85 GLH-T. A little TD.com and Google searching has lead me to believe it's in the PM. Is this true? The parts store sold me one, however if it's in the PM it's not something that can be replaced.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I believe it is incorporated into the PM itself. I've had to ground the DB/YL wire on the daignostic connector to actuate the ASD, and see if my fuel pump would kick on. Each time I could hear the relay swicthing inside the PM. My car is an 85 GLH-T also, however all the 85-87 PM's are the same.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I wonder what in the world the parts store sold me!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Got a pic or a part number? I'm curious myself lol

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now of course this was sold as a fuel pump relay, because no parts store shows an ASD relay for any of our cars! It's a BWD relay, part #R735.

Attachments

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Looks like a fan, a/c, etc. relay not the ASD relay. Of course I could be incorrect.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Interesting mounting tab on it, doesnt quite look right. I'll have to go look at my GLH to see if I have one like it lol

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Interesting mounting tab on it, doesnt quite look right. I'll have to go look at my GLH to see if I have one like it lol

May not apply however on my 88 LeBaron they type of relay in his pic is mounted to the drivers side shock tower

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
On the later model years they were right on the shock tower, When I first got my 89 Lebaron years ago (My first TD, RIP, sniff sniff) The ASD went out on me the 2nd day I had it, lol Was easily replaced and that car never gave me any trouble after that. Wish I still had it it was the most reliable TD of the ones I've had! lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
Auto zone sold me the same one its a A/C relay....atleast that what it looked like to me....i had same problem and i changed PM and it didnt fix problem in 87 CSX....come to find out it was a ground issue behind rear seat......what a mess to track that down

·
Registered
8 Posts
yup, pretty sure its a fan relay. looking through rock auto tonight for old rampage parts and it looks just like the fan relay with the tri bunch + orphan plug. whaddaya know, i got knowledge.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have changed the A/C and radiator fan relays on this car at earlier times, and neither one have this angled mount.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts