Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mitsu begins boost at 2800 rpm. What are some other examples of sooner or later boost on different turbos, with diff exhausts?

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Begins to boost? Or is in full boost?
MY mitsu spooled at like 2,200 and pulls full boost at 3,000 with a 2.5 inch exhaust.
My garret spools about 2,600 and pulls full boost at 3,500 with a 3 inch exhaust.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Begins to boost? Or is in full boost?
MY mitsu spooled at like 2,200 and pulls full boost at 3,000 with a 2.5 inch exhaust.
My garret spools about 2,600 and pulls full boost at 3,500 with a 3 inch exhaust.
begins, or moves from vac to boost, past 0

·
Legendary Driver
10,963 Posts
The S60 on my 2.5 8v starts boost at 1100rpms and by 1700 is full bore. Course I have a ported head, big plenum intake, and a tube header pushing it and 3" SV and straight pipe to let the gases out. GT30R is next for it so we'll see how fast I can build boost on that.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
The S60 on my 2.5 8v starts boost at 1100rpms and by 1700 is full bore. Course I have a ported head, big plenum intake, and a tube header pushing it and 3" SV and straight pipe to let the gases out. GT30R is next for it so we'll see how fast I can build boost on that.
illl let u know sooon ;)
im swappin in a 2.5 for now, until my 2.2 is fixed....

currently it spools around 3400 and full boost like 43ish?

also what is "full bore"?? i dont recalll u ever really running crazy psi...just stockish

i got the 3076r...not sure if you r going for the 71 or 76

·
Administrator
25,546 Posts
Depends on what gear.
All stock VNT I am at full boost in 1st gear at the 60' mark.
Never really took notice after that as to 2nd and 3rd.

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
im at about 2 psi at 1900rpm and full boost at 12psi at 2300 with no cat, a 2.5L high torque motor, a t2 garrett and a T3 IC.

·
Administrator
25,546 Posts
RPM and Boost are directly related so it comes down to how quickly you can build RPM in a certain gear to get the turbo moving at speed.
Chrysler says the stock 89 T-2 hit full boost from a standing start in 4.6 seconds and thier selling point for the VNT was it hit full boost from a standing start in 2.3 seconds.

·
Legendary Driver
10,963 Posts
illl let u know sooon ;)
im swappin in a 2.5 for now, until my 2.2 is fixed....

currently it spools around 3400 and full boost like 43ish?

also what is "full bore"?? i dont recalll u ever really running crazy psi...just stockish
There's about a 100 rpm difference between 12 and 20lbs of boost, not enough of a difference to mention really.
i got the 3076r...not sure if you r going for the 71 or 76

76 is the only GT30R :) If it's not the 76 then it's a GT3071 IMO. I'm hoping for boost to start in the 2500rpm range and be full tilt by 3grand with it. That's be 1000 or so rpm difference than what I have now which will put me in stock T2 territory which is what I'm looking for. The car makes so much torque down low without boost I need to shift the boost curve up some so I'm not spinning the tires through 1st and 2nd gears every time I breathe upon the throttle.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
There's about a 100 rpm difference between 12 and 20lbs of boost, not enough of a difference to mention really.

76 is the only GT30R :) If it's not the 76 then it's a GT3071 IMO. I'm hoping for boost to start in the 2500rpm range and be full tilt by 3grand with it. That's be 1000 or so rpm difference than what I have now which will put me in stock T2 territory which is what I'm looking for. The car makes so much torque down low without boost I need to shift the boost curve up some so I'm not spinning the tires through 1st and 2nd gears every time I breathe upon the throttle.
ya i still cant believe u cant boost that quick. altho i never really played with the 2.5. im running the G head as well. but its a big valve and fully ported along with the ruunners....and topper. man i opened up my 58mm too much and the T bolt clamp SMUSHED it
can we say BOOST LEAK.....hahahahaha.....its NFG......another thing that complilates to the list of problems, and i i should still be very happy with the time i ran.

i got a forged 2.5 hangin out, ross pistons, so on will go the big valve G head top end, and since paul V lives only a border away i will get my car dyno tuned :)
another cool thing is i dont think anyway has really played with the taft S3 cam on a 2.5, so guess we'll see what kind of top end i can get. if ure syin u can rev to 7000 with no probs i cant see why i cant :)

car ran great on his cal already, until i ran into the damn fueling probs :bash:

edit: oh btw, youll still smoked the tires in 1st 2nd....and 3rd....it will just happen at a higher RPM lol....and i meant im running G head...i know u got swirly action goin on down on the west coast lol

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
my 2.5 minivan would hit 15 psi at 2400 rpm holding the brakes with the mitsu with the garret t2 with .63 housing it would still get about 10 psi at 2400

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
my 2.5 minivan would hit 15 psi at 2400 rpm holding the brakes with the mitsu, the garret t2 with .63 housing it would still get about 10 psi at 2400

·
[X]treme Aggression
1,881 Posts
idk where mine starts at, depends on what gear im in and what load i got on the motor.

once it starts making boost, it just snaps to 20+psi

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Holset on my RT started making good usable boost by 3.5K and was at full bore by 4k. My stock turboed shelby with a light port job on the head will be at full boost like 3-3.5K. It gets GREAT low rpm boost.

·
Legendary Driver
10,963 Posts
It's this pushing it.

freaking crazy; how much for one?
it was a prototype to find out the interest in them and the target price was $500. But after making it the guy didn't think he could make them for any cheaper than $900. So he sold this one. I just happened to be there at the right time. It keeps the turbo in the stock location. So while it's not equal length it keeps the reversion down betwen the cylinders and directs the exhaust flow at the turbine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts