Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 86 Turbo Z a413, the car just struggles to run at WOT. Anything less throttle, the car runs perfect. I pulled the codes and got a 12, 23, 25, 42, and 55. The code definitions arent in the Haynes manual and I tried a search "code meanings" and came up with two results that didnt show what I was looking for. Can anyone tell me what these codes stand for? Is there any place that has the code meanings listed?(for future refrence).
Also, the "power limited" light stays on. Im thinking thats only because theres fault codes present in the computer. Am I correct? Thanks!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Are you running a manual boost control and if so are you still useing the factory guage? Is the problem boost dependent? Could be hitting cut out if you are adjusting to the factory guage as they are inacurate at best.

It could be your TPS in that it might have a dead spot, check the voltage curve at the TPS sensor. If it has any skips anything besides a nice smooth curve on the voltage meter and that it reads right at WOT if not then get a fresh one.

I have found that most problems with map sensors are really problems with the vacume signal to the map sensor put a T in the line right at the map sensor and hook up a guage to it and see if the vacume/boost reading match your guage inside. If it is even a couple pounds or inches off it can mess up all sorts of stuff. Going right along with this if you still have plastic lines get rid of them and put on new rubber lines. Makeing sure to use a multiple line fitting at the manifold and not just a bunch of T's on a single line or you will run out of vacume by the time it gets to the sensors. 20 year old plastic lines no matter how many miles they have on them are a headache waiting to happen.

Look into your codes and fix them one at a time till the codes go away.

Good Luck,
Kris

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just performed another 'test' it seems that at any boost level 11psi or higher the engine just bogs/hesitiates. Is this a fuel problem? I've already changed the MAP. It happens at part throttle or full throttle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts