Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i picked up a sport comp air fuel gauge and boost gauge for free from a very generous friend who totalled his car. i got the boost gauge all installed and working perfectly but now its time to do the air fuel gauge. all i have is the gauge and about a foot and a half of wires sticking our the back. there are three wires colors being PURPLE RED And BLACK if i recall. where am i to run each of these wires? anyone have instructions? thanks guys, love this forum.

my set up is a mostly stock 1987 2.2 t1 (soon to change) turbo shadow.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if i hooked the red and black into the wires i used for the light for the boost gauge would that work? i used the stock boost gauge light wires btw, if so i'm golden, and how thick a wire for the sensor?

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
autometer has all the installation instructions on their website as well, thats where i got my info

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
well use google images. the wideband gauge will look different than a narrow band gauge

im wanting to assume its a narrow band begause you only have the guage its self

most widebands have three parts.

-gauge
-controller
-wideband o2 sensor (like a $100 o2 sensor and has 5 wires)

a narrow band gauge isnt as complex as that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
k i hunted around and i have the narrowband 3375 gauge, i am not in a position to buy a $200-300 gauge as this car is a budget build ($1000 budget) so will the narrow band work ok enough for my needs? which are t2 conversion running on like 12psi max? still better than nothing right? it'll give me an idea of what going on under the hood

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.