Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched online and in salvage yards but could not find the piece of plastic that fit around the shifter on my 92 lebaron convertible. I even found the spare key to the car down in that hole when I bought it..so i really wanted it covered. I finally stumbled on a solution....a $3 oil drain pan from walmart! :I took off the console and found two pieces of the old one. I used them for guides on width and had to kind of guess at actual length. i came up with 18 inches for the length. Since i had the old pieces a forgot to measure the width but should be easy to figure out. Anyway..I cut a piece out of the side of the pan...cut it very wide. The pan is curved so to get a staright piece you have to cut away some. I ran it through the guides on the console,sprayed a little white lithium spray on the guides and then found the center point of the strip. There I drilled a 3/4 inch hole for the shifter...It turned out pretty good!

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
you do know that marty mopar can get you a new OEM one for like $10 or $12

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not know he had them...but mine was cheaper *s*How are they actually listed when searching for them? How do i contact him ..so I can send others his way if they need them and would rather have OEM?

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
#4611583 1991-95 J,G Body AT gear shift slide. I have 41 of them NOS at 14.90 each plus shipping. PM me for details
i'm looking for the slide black plastic shifter piece i have a 92 LeBaron with the shifter in the middle of the car if you can help with this part email at [email protected] with a phone number to contact you and the cost of one if you have one Thank you Brian Lutton
724-667-1054 if you like to call me

1 - 20 of 28 Posts