Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I know that this is not a Turbo car, but I was wondering what this noise may be, and it seems to be coming from the area that the trans is in. But what the noise sounds like is a slight rattling at an idle. It is not always there and only comes around when either the car is warm or when there is a lot of power using devices being used, such as the windows, moon roof, A/C, and even when the transmission is in gear and I am stepping on the brakes. I was just wondering what the problem may be, since I didn't know if it could be the clutch packs rattling or something else. The drivability of the car has not been altered, and I am more then open to options of it being other then the trans. Thanks for any help.

· Administrator
26,460 Posts
There is nothing specific for the noise you are describing.
You will have to climb under and try to locate where the noise is coming from, simulate the condition and see if you can narrow it down.
Check exhaust heat shields, loose wiring, vacuum hoses etc. that may be vibtating/rubbing creating the noise and remove the inspection shield and be sure the torque converter bolts are tight.
Remember, noises travel, just because it sounds like it is in a certain spot does not mean it is.

· Administrator
26,460 Posts
If you do not have access to a lift try what my Son does, Jack the car up and use cinder blocks under the frame, he gets the car about 2 feet up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.