Turbo Dodge Forums banner

awesome aftermarket brakes

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ednutcracker 
#1 ·
90 daytona ES

i want to get BIG wheels with BIG, awesome looking brakes. does anyone make some killer 4 piston cross drilled and slotted front brake kits for the daytona? i dont care how much it costs.

#4 ·
You expect me to share the million dollar secret?

OK the calipers are Wilwood Forged Superlite 4 piston units. The rotors are generic 13"x1.10" 8 bolt models and the hats I think are custom units TCE has made. The hats, rotors and calipers are the same ones TCE uses on their SRT-4 kits, just the mounting adapters to the knuckles are different. The Wilwood kit for an SRT would probably work on one our cars, you would just have to make the adapters for it. Probably not too difficult to do and they are reasonably priced, but the performance most likely wouldn't be much better than the 11" factory Mopar setup. You would have a wider selection of pad choices though and it would look cool, if that's what you are into.

#6 ·
The difference is that the Wilwood kit has smaller rotors and calipers. It will fit under a set of wheels more easily because of the smaller calipers, where the stuff I have won't fit under alot of wheels.

As far as performance goes, I guess it depends on what you consider better and what you are doing with the car they are on. The stuff I have may or may not stop any faster than the stock Mopar stuff, but mine will do it all day long without fading. The stock parts will heat up and your stopping distances will increase the more times you brake. Pad selection is more of a factor in stopping distance than is the size of caliper and rotor. Big rotors and aluminum calipers just manage the heat better than the stock parts can.

#9 ·
I have the big factory brakes on my 91 shelby and they stop better than any of the other stock TD ones out there. I've cleaned them up and painted them with high temp paint and they look good through the open wheels. Some Baer or Willwood brakes would look better being a name brand and what not but the cost doesn't seem worth it to me although I have never used one of the name brand kits so I don't really have anything to compare it to other than the large brakes being that much better than the smaller ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.