Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what can i do to prevent my 87 shelby daytona z from snapping the axles, i'v heard these turbo cars are notorious for doing that.

also, i had it on a jack yesterday and there was 2 inches of rotational play between one tire and the other, cold i be having any existing axle issues or transaxle problems due to this?

·
Registered
248 Posts
centering the engine is very important and also check for bad motor mounts.They could be torn and the engine is not sitting where it's suppose to be.I've had both of these problems.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I plan to switch to uneaqual length shafts on mine just to be rid of the complexity of the equal length bearing and center support, I think the axle from a t1 auto just slips right in, ive already broke one bracket on my center support its pretty week, the 87 should have the large spline axles already.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
if your engine is properly centered, and your mounts are good, then you shouldnt have to worry about snapping axles. there are many people making some serious power on normal stock or rebuilt axles.

L

·
0 Posts
if your engine is properly centered, and your mounts are good, then you shouldnt have to worry about snapping axles. there are many people making some serious power on normal stock or rebuilt axles.
Exactly! I know of alot of people making a ton of power with 16valve cars and 20+PSI with stock or re-man axels with no problems.

I would suggest a set of motor mounts from Polybushings.com.Talk to the guy on here that goes by the screen name "Johnny" He makes some of the best and strongest motor mounts for our cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts