Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my plans were to pull motor on Friday, Install new O2 sensor, motor mounts, and timing belt, then get her dropped back in and hooked up by Sunday. All was perfectly on time til i got to the final part to install, the forward motor mount. Its the Anchor brand from Autozone. I couldnt get it in for the life of me, was like the radii on the corners were to big so u couldnt get all of the material in the reciever. So i ordered a Duralast, WONT BE HERE TIL TEUSDAY! :bang head Just an FYI for all. I have an 89 Daytona Shelby.

·
Registered
13,525 Posts
Use a vise to compress the insert and hammer the bracket in.

Or you could have just buy polybushing.com mounts to begin with, much easier to install due to its 2 piece design.

I will never use another anchor mount.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
you might run into the same problem with the duralast piece. i believe anchor makes all the private label mounts.

the poly mounts are the way to go.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Minds well try filling the new one you have now and making it fit. Use some construction grade polyurethane from the home depot/lowes. Some have used window weld, but I have seen it fail since it gets gooey under prolonged high temp heat (depending on brand) .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts