Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!! NO BOOST

Hey all ok my tona aint boosting I can her all the pressure being shot out the engine like the woosh and the turbo spooling but will not go past atm, I first oticed my bov was lose so Iput it on a new pipe and got it welded so it aint going no wear ever, but this does not fix it so I checked my lower IC house looks fine no tears or cracks, I even tested the car with the vac line to the wastgate off so it would boost no matter what, I am stumped, the only place thats really lose in the system is werethe egr pcv valve sits that goes to the breather but thats just for the valve cover?? I am stumped and do not know what else to check

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
$10 says your arm fell off your wastegate.

When the car is dead cold, lay ontop of the engine and put both hands behind the intake manifold, feel around for the arm and if you can move up and/or down and side to side then it just came off.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Did you unhook the wastegate line at the turbo or at the solenoid? I dealt with a no boost issue the other day and tried pulling the line at the solenoid but still no boost. Then I tried pulling the line at the turbo and I heard some trapped air escape. As it turned out, the third nipple on the solenoid had a plug on it. I removed the plug and presto, we had boost.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tried driving with the line off at the waste gate and still no boost
lower intake hose is ok upper intake hose is ok, waste gate is on and vacumm disconnected, still no boost, what else could it be

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
How about cracked turbo to throttlebody hose? Maybe even a stuck open BOV? Or the plastic filter housing right before the throttlebody?

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
bad wastegate flapper, good advice from marcus, definitely check that. My first gen 3" TU swnigvalve wastegate flapper would get caught wide open in the swingvale, eventually had to remove and reweld the puck to solve the problem. Also could be a bad BOV, you can check that by just eliminting it from the system. Also check the wastegate canister, you can check that by applying pressure to the can and seeing if the arm moves like it is suppose to, but again if it was totally wasted you could tell if there was no tension on the arm by pulling on it. Also could be a bad turbo. maybe the exhaust wheel/shaft snapped, but I would think if that happened you have more symptoms than just no boost. As far as boost leaks in the IC system, usually you would hear a loud rushing where it is leaking, and since you usually run high boost, it would be a MAJOR leak to get 0 boost, and a MAJOR leak would make a lot of noise. I'm sure most if not all of these scenarios have been mentioned so excuse me if this is redundant info.
Good luck,
Cindy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts