Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://minivans.about.com/od/chrysl...avan--Table.htm

I'm no minivan/caravan freak but I thought that the "Swivel 'N Go" seating was an interesting feature. It makes sense to me, considering the number of board games that have been interrupted by chumps who don't have rides and how sometimes you want to turn and talk to the people in the very back.

I've been having way too much fun thinking about things to do with such an arrangement. Here's my list thus far:

UNO game
Conversations on a long drive
Quick pog tournament
Kidnapping/interrogation sessions
Tea and biscuits

Anyone care to add ideas?

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
i was able to do this with my 84 dodge conversion van... not really a new concept. it also had a table you could put infron of the captians chairs or between the back bench seat(also doubled as a bed) and between the captians chairs

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did this feature ever come in handy? It seems like it would be great for the kids...

Yay or nay on the concept?

·
Registered
477 Posts
My mom had a ford econoline that had a table like you described sleeperspirit. It even had cup holders in it and such, as well as the rear seat that folded into a bed. All the highschool kids nowadays with their ricers dont realize how much better they would be off with a (shaggin) van like that...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow. Apologies for thinking it was new, I was born in 84...

Yeah so it seems that this concept is awesome for every stage of life.
Parents get organization and adapation.
Kids get that table to draw and play games on.
Teenagers have the option of discussing politics and foreign policy inconsistencies face to face... :D

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
My mom had a ford econoline that had a table like you described sleeperspirit. It even had cup holders in it and such, as well as the rear seat that folded into a bed. All the highschool kids nowadays with their ricers dont realize how much better they would be off with a (shaggin) van like that...
I know, the van was given to me by my father when i was 15 as he didnt need it anymore but he says i wouldnt get any dates once the girls parents knew i drove a van :)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
My dad customized a van into a camper in the early 70's and had that feature (table). It also became part of the bed.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
. All the highschool kids nowadays with their ricers dont realize how much better they would be off with a (shaggin) van like that...

Oh the memories... :D
RX7 too. ;)
or the fiero.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I think my van wins lol. 91 VW westfalia. Sink,stove,fridge,furnace,2 beds,2 tables,front seats rotate. And it's an awsome layout.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think my van wins lol. 91 VW westfalia. Sink,stove,fridge,furnace,2 beds,2 tables,front seats rotate. And it's an awsome layout.

[/IMG]
Nice ride! But can you host pick-up Scrabble games like this guy can?

I don't even think I could do that. Great girl to guy ratio. Does that van have

20-gig hard drive for storing MP3s and photos
506-watt, 7.1 surround-sound audio system + sub
Sirius Satellite Radio
Voice-activated navigation
Heated front and second-row seats (sorry, way way back)
Bluetooth cell-phone connectivity
Key-fob-activated remote-starting capability
Or the drop-down "surveillance" mirror?

I'd purchase the love child of the '08 Dodge Caravan and your van, sir.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
if your a pedofile ^^... that guy looks like a tool riding in his yuppie mInivan after taking the kids to soccer practice. I told my girlfriend that im not buying a minivan unless its a turbo mini :) (BTW i have a 15 month old daughter so its coming soon lol)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Nice ride! But can you host pick-up Scrabble games like this guy can?
Why yes I can!. Sink,stove,fridge,furnace,2 beds,2 tables,front seats rotate.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Not my van.Mine is way cleaner. The dodge may be nice and new but I have a bed in mine.In my books that wins lol. On another note I saw one of the caravans in person today and they are very nice.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I wouldn't be able to face backwards without throwing up all over whatever is on that table.

Remember the old station wagons with a rear facing seat at the back? Couldn't sit in those for long either.

Odd, I don't get plane sick, trainsick or sea sick.

As to the VW, aren't those things incredibly unreliable? I have heard nothing but problem stories about them.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
As to the VW, aren't those things incredibly unreliable? I have heard nothing but problem stories about them.
I own an 81 and a 91. The 81 is the aircooled motor and has been in my family since 86 and the 91 is the liquid cooled. Both have been very reliable with no problems. The only problem is that they are very under powerd.Im actually going to be putting a 2.5 subaru motor in the 91 this winter.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
VW's are junk, ive heard lots of complaints about them from people that own um, ive had a 73 Beatle that never ran (got it when i was 13) and i had a 90 jetta that was the biggest pos ive ever owned, i bought it for a hundred bux off my friends sister intended to be a field car and the first time i drove it i snapped the cv axle when i did a 4k nutral bomb in the dirt, what a turd. i will never own one again. and that was a wolfsburg so it was made in germany not mexico.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts