Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blew headgasket... ran a 14.79 cooked the tires 1st and 2nd... today just wasn't supposed to happen. I knew my coolant feed tube was still weeping from a couple days ago, so when I caught a whiff on the way to the track it didn't really surprise me. LISTEN TO THE VOICE! :mad: when your gut tells you to turn around and go home DO IT! :bash: didn't realize what had happened till I got back around to the pits. I opened the hood and there was coolant spray from the cap being overpressurized all over. not good. 40 minute drive back home from the track. not good. Puffing a HUGE white cloud on a 4-3 downshift going up a hill. really, not good. starting to overheat with about 10 miles to go... aaawww dammit! well I guess I'll be able to get to that coolant line easier with the head off, right. I look at this as a blessing in disguise. not... To be continued... :bang head

·
RIP
1,363 Posts
Sorry to hear about the head gasket. We have one to do on Mark's 92 Lebaron Conv. when we get back from Wisconsin with his Daytona. 14.79 at Dragway 42 ain't bad. I can never get off the line there. But with me, I figure most of it is the driver. Where do you live in NE Ohio? Good Luck On the HG.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Whenever I have something like this happen I add a few go fast goodies to the fix to make me feel better and ease the pain and keep thinking how much better it will be.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Yea easy fix if pulling the head anyways, hopefully you didn't warp the head. Unfortunately you will need a set of slicks to realize the full potention of your car at the track.

Greg

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
14.79 at Dragway 42 ain't bad.
Actually my best at 42 was 14.13 at 103.2mph 2 weeks ago. I started to notice something really wasn't right when I was leaving 2nd gear and just cruised the rest of the way.

Where do you live in NE Ohio?
I live in Medina, not too far off of the square.

Whenever I have something like this happen I add a few go fast goodies to the fix to make me feel better and ease the pain and keep thinking how much better it will be.
Yup, thinking over this whole Steve M. head thing... my DIY hand porting seemed to choke me at the big end. was really never happy with it.

Unfortunately you will need a set of slicks to realize the full potention of your car at the track.
Funny you mention that... I got a pair of nice brand new M&H's just mounted on my crabs at work before I left to come down there. I just wanted to run the 17's again to see if the air shocks helped out at all, and because there was nothing but ricers with full cages and helmets running 16-17's. :bash: I'm sure they got a kick out me bogging it the last half of the track. I'll be back...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts