Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting point about finding a good dealer - I'm located in Vancouver, BC - Canada and have had some bad experiences with one on the dealers here.

In particular last fall - the engine service light came in and I wasn't able to drive to me regulat dealer and took it to the closest dealer - Marine Plymouth Chrysler.

I booked an appointment and when I brought in the car - was told that there was a diagnostic fee applicable. I questioned this because the vehicle was under warranty, but had them proceed because I had no other choice.

It turned out that the condenser hose from the AC was faulty and needed be replaced (all under warranty). When I picked up the vehicle they tried get me to pay the $90 diagnostic fee even though the problem source was a faulty OEM part and explained that the diagnostic fee wasn't covered under warranty.

This is puzzling yes? I argued and left my credit card number so they would release the car, but called DC Canada right away to complain and received a call from the dealer 30 minutes later saying that they would waive the charges.

From this experience - I won't be going back to that dealer ever again - even though they send reminders about other services.

Their policy about the diagnostic seems wrong - am I out of line on feeling this way?

(not changing my sign-in, because I've posted too many times now with it)

basset hound said:
Good luck with whatever you decicide to do. I've had great luck with imports in the past. Part of the reason I had such good luck with them was that I also found great service departments at the dealerships. Fortunately I found a super Chrysler service department close to home that takes fantastic care of my vehicles. I'm enjoying my Chryslers-one Town & Country LXi van and two PT Cruiser Limited Editions. It sounds like you either have a bad Cruiser off the line or the dealers have terrible service departments. In my experience, my vehicles have only been as good as the service departments or mechanoics that take care of them for me.

·
Registered
12,917 Posts
I live in Canada and have an excellent dealer, who is by far the best dealer that I have had to deal with and I have owed many cars including a 3 Fords, 1 Buick, 1 BMW, 1 Corvette. 1 Suzuki, and Briefly a P.O.S Honda
The worst experience I had was with a Honda Dealer in Calgary.. The word Rip off comes to mind.. If you aren't happy with a dealer why not let Chyrsler Canada know about your problems?

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Chrysler states that you can receive warranty service at any Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep dealer. Personally, I would try a Dodge dealer. I find, at least down here, Dodge dealers go out of their way to provide excellent service not only to your car but also to you personally. One Dodge dealer even paid for a rental car when the wrong parts came in and repairs were delayed until the next day.

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Sci-
fi.

here in the Great White North, We only have Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler Dealers (all beeing the same). There are No such thing as an individual Dodge or Plymouth dealership.
All Chrysler..

Sci-Fi said:
Chrysler states that you can receive warranty service at any Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep dealer. Personally, I would try a Dodge dealer. I find, at least down here, Dodge dealers go out of their way to provide excellent service not only to your car but also to you personally. One Dodge dealer even paid for a rental car when the wrong parts came in and repairs were delayed until the next day.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Yep, I've typed it before and I'll type it again. You have run into bad dealers.

When I went to buy my 01, I first did all the research I could on the PT and then I researched dealers. There are 5-star dealers that are just plain crap. DC's efforts to recognize good dealers assume that the dealership is honest. It's a shame that these slimeballs continue to put a bad light on dealerships in general.

The dealer I went to for my purchase is great. Everyone is forthright and honest. They don't want to sell me a car or truck, they want to win me as a customer for life and it shows. That's the way a business should be run. Amazingly, not everyone wants to hear the truth and would rather go to dealers who do songs and dances around the cold facts, and I suppose that is one reason these slimeballs can stay in business.

The really sad part is that you could have had a nice vehicle, but dealerships have screwed around trying to make a fast buck. Now there is no reason for you to want to be their customer, or even a DC customer. I can see your point, but it is sad. If 3 dealerships near you are like this, why would you expect it to get any better.

Here there is a large dealership that is full of slime and crap. The next largest dealership near here couldn't tell the truth if you beat everyone with 2x4's. There are a number of smaller dealerships that are pretty good and I picked the best of the smaller ones. I had to wait longer for delivery of my PT because their allocation was so small, but it was worth the wait.

Good luck in whatever you do in the future. It's your money, you should be treated as such.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
BAIA, I would not ever go back to that dealer either. Their policy is definitely wrong. If they had told you that there MIGHT be a diagnostic fee that would be one thing, but to want to charge that after they knew the problem was covered under warranty is just wrong. Hopefully you can find a different dealership that will be more focused on taking care of its customers than just making a buck (or at least JUST as focused on its customers as making a buck |( ).

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Out of the 4 dealers I've only one has tried scamming the diagnostic fee. It was absolutely infuriating to hear them ask to be paid. My whole argument with them was "what exactly is a warranty good for then?"

The other dealers have been okay - the one that we took it to last week was quite friendly and I suspect that the service advisor might actually listen to me about the Auto Trans update TSB.

The dealership we got the car from is okay but they denied that the tank was filling up incorrectly until I took it in for the third time - waste of my time and theirs. And said that I would just need to live with the squeeling front brakes until I complained about it a few times.

It definitely is one thing to find a good car, but it's an entirely different beast when it comes to finding a good dealer.

BAIA
(the artist formerly known as "Buying an import again"

·
Registered
638 Posts
Too bad you don,t live in the Manitowoc WI area, our local Chrysler dealer Is just great. Any of his staff will go out of their way to help what ever the problem.

The owner even changed a parking lamp for me himself, then only charged me for the lamp.

If your ever in this area and need help Call Frist Chrysler. :\

Duck :-{

1 - 10 of 10 Posts