Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moog ball joints . Out of 4 ball joints only 1 seems to fit properly. The others just aren't snug. What to do. The after markets we're too small
Doing them now, we are stuck.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
I have been buying the complete control arm with the ball joint already installed. It's just easier and you get new control arm bushings too.

Don't know what to tell you about your replacement ball joints being too small. Those that I did replace, I had to die grind out the tack weld holding it in, press it out (easy) then the new one was held in place with a snap ring but the fit was snug.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Sorry you're having such a hard time with this one. It's not typical. You can get the entire arm like I mentioned before from RockAuto for $74 and there is a discount code available on the turbododge.com forum also!

5% Discount Code: 73A247EAAE9180
Expires: December 23, 2016

More Information for DORMAN 524491

I checked the Dodge parts list for all the FWD cars in 89 and they ALL use the same ball joint. It is Chrysler "4364782"

Arizona parts has 2:
4364782 BALL JOINT 1984-91 2 45.00

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Live and learn. the arm thing sounds like a great idea. Will definitely keep it in mind, and also keep ball joint number. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yeah, if you're 0 for 4 on one side, the arm is probably wallered. Best to tack it as previously mentioned. Some peening and pecking along with red locktite might do if you don't have access to a welder and don't want the whole arm (pretty reasonable).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts