Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
720 Posts
It kills me when everyone gets up in arms about how "expensive" a rare car with few miles is.

Seriously, shouldn't we as Daytona owners be happy that these cars are starting to command some decent money?

Is $7500 a little high for that car? Based on the current market for these cars probably, but you are (can't say it here) if you honestly think that car should be worth less than $3000 to $4000 if it's in as good condition as it should be with those miles (less than 53,000 ORIGINAL miles, if you can't do the math). I mean, try finding a piece of crap mustang of that year and mileage for that price. If I was this guy I'd hold onto it and in a few years he will be able to get that. These are collector cars for most of us, right???

I mean were not talking about a base level or es model. This was the top of the line offering for this year. (Ok, maybe besides the c/s)

$16,000 is probably be a bit ambitious, but if he gets it I'd be the first to congratulate him...

· Banned
355 Posts
both sound like nice cars. would have to inspect cars in person to verify quality.
But I agree with MNmopar, that these cars are getting harder to find, especially the loaded to the gills versions. and its just like the muscle cars. some are worth braking the bank. others are not. all depends on what you like, want and are willing to spend.
*bump*
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f7/f30/164379-sale-2002-dodge-neon-r-t.html

Sorry just had to :cool:

G

·
I agree I got about $7000 in my car just from restoring it,and I haven't even touched the motor or repainted it yet,plus they are getting hard to find and to have one with low miles for $7500 thats not bad at all,I had to wait over 3-4 months for my car to be drivable cause it was in and out of shoppes

· Registered
117 Posts
The responses from some in this thread are the very reason that well kept low mileage turbo dodges are not worth more money right now. When you consider that the earliest models of these cars are over 25 years old they should start going up in value. These cars are not going to go up in value because of the people on this website. They will start to go up in spite of the majority of the folks on this site. When true car collectors start to see the benefit of buying and owning excellent condition low mileage turbo dodges will the prices really start to go up. It has already begun. Numbered low mileage survivor Shelby Dodges are starting to sell for decent money. In the next ten years really clean low mileage turbo dodges will go up and many on sites like this will be saying "I could have bought a Daytona just like that for $5500.00 back in 2008 and I thought that was rediculous". By then the same car will be way out of there price range just like old school muscle cars are today.

· Registered
46 Posts
These cars are not going to go up in value because of the people on this website. They will start to go up in spite of the majority of the folks on this site.
I don't think a small thread on this forum is going to dictate the price these cars are going to command one way or another.

Supply and demand will dictate the prices, and internet threads such as this won't affect that..

· Registered
117 Posts
back on topic, and just so there isn't any confusion the topic isn't about the price, or the value.

What do you mean it's not about the price or value? The original post was a link to an add for a T-top Daytona. I think the topic includes anything included in the ad including the price!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.